Thursday, October 27, 2011

Peru Day 5

The ladies arrived Wednesday!  It is so much fun for me to see “my people group” enter the building, to be able to share with them in our opening that God has designed this retreat specifically for them, that the team is specifically God’s team for them, the worship, messages, fellowship, etc.,  just for them.  That people have been praying for them and continue to pray for them (you), and that these next four days are theirs for a time of refreshing, recharging, reflection, and rest!  
I told them after dinner that I felt confident that we were on track already because during dinner time ladies shared with me these conversations:

“I didn’t even ask my husband if I could go.  I just signed up and told him where I was going.”

 “When I was leaving today since we don’t live to far away from the hotel my husband wanted to know if I’d be coming back to the house at different times during the next four days.  Why, she replied with an apparent attitude of are you crazy of course not!”

Others can’t believe they are here and feel somewhat guilty about leaving their husbands with the kids.  Not guilty enough to go home however! Ha,ha,ha 

It is so sweet to watch the women interact with one another and visit and catch up with everything they are doing in service to the LORD in this area of the country.

In our opening message I put together a little survey for the ladies to kind of help them get to see that they aren’t alone in some of their struggles on the field.  It was a survey to address the “mask” we hide behind, in our marriages, family’s, finances, etc.  Patty and Karen got their computer brains going and Deb and I got involved in helping them get things done so on Thursday we will be showing the women graphs of the results.  It was very interesting to see. 

Praise and worship was good and it is always a joy for me to worship with the women and see them worship with one another.  I purchased a video by the ‘skit guys’ that my home church had shown a week ago called “God the Chisel” and included that in my opening tonight.  It wa such a powerful tool to minister to our hearts.  Wow! 

Well, continue to pray for us on Thursday. Ruth, Kathy and Sharon will be on the schedule to share today with the ladies.  Each one of them bring a different style but an awesome heart for God.  Can’t wait to hear what God has put on their hearts to share with us!!

Hope each of you is having a good week!  Kaye, thank you for being such an encouragement to us while we are here!  We are taking you with us sometime!!!!!!

Love you All,

His,
Vickie

2 comments:

Tara Matlock said...

Well, can you have codependent missional disorder? I am so attached to this blog and the reports on this trip. I am so excitedthe ladies are there and your team is being poured out. So excited to see and hear how God ministers and starts the pure joy ripple effect from the retreat to the nations!! Praying for healing and Spirit filled teaching. And praying for hearts to hear, accept and produce fruit. Bless you and relish in the reality of his presence!!!!

dtbrents said...

I'm enjoying the daily updates.I know it's such a blessing and an encouragement to the ladies there to have you visit and minister to them. Doylene