Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More than just sponsoring a missionary...

A few minutes ago (Monday morning) I got a phone call from Patty to let me know that more sponsorship had come in and we are down to only 10 more missionary women that need be sponsored for the Peru trip!  Totally incredible to watch God’s hand work!  Please continue to be sensitive to the LORD regarding giving for these last 10 missionaries.  As I said last week, when God moves on your heart to give please act on it and give. It is very easy to give by going to our home page www.purejoyinternational.org  and clicking on “Donate Here”.

At this time as we are in the last 100 yard dash for our departure date to Peru, for me, sponsorship is about more than just money.  It is an affirmation of God’s direction to me to close down the counseling office in Morrilton.  It is continued affirmation that He is Faithful to equip and provide for the call He puts on our lives to accomplish the good works He prepared beforehand that we should walk in them!  It is affirmation that the heart of God’s people can still be moved by the Spirit of God to accomplish His good and pleasing will.  It is affirmation that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He can provide abundantly above and beyond all we can imagine when we are walking it out according to His will as best as we know how to as a human being.  I love watching Him bring the cattle in off the hills!  It is His Testimony of Himself!  Gotta love that!!!

TIME LAPSE:  I started writing the blog this morning (Monday) at 8:00 a.m.  Due to life circumstance I am just now getting to finish this blog.  It is 10:15 p.m.   Here is God for you…since I wrote the top part; I have been made aware that we have another missionary woman sponsored.  So now, we only lack 9 more!  Yea, God!!  Sell some more cattle!

In closing…I received an email from one of the missionary women who is reading our blog and who will be attending the Peru Retreat. She said, “So excited about what God is going to do at the conference.  What a blessing to be able to go!  Looking so forward to it.  See you soon. J

Resting in the Chaos of Life

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

michelle said...

I am praying for your Peru team tonight. I have already been blessed by reading your blog and to see the prayers, provision, and excitement of you all coming here to see us in Lima! Excitement is rising everyday for many reasons, but most importantly to see what God has in store for all of us together. Praising God already for what He is up to Oct 26th - 29th in Lima, Peru!