Monday, October 31, 2011

The Grand Finale…Day 8 (Saturday), Day 9 (Sunday), and today (Monday)

Well, pour yourself a cup of Java and enjoy this wrap up of our Peru trip.  Missionaries reading this from Peru, we love you ladies!  OK, I actually love all the missionary women around the world from all past trips and those to come because you are ‘my people group’.  Yes, you are!

Day 8 (Saturday)
We finished up Saturday with an awesome time with the ladies.  Ruth brought a teaching time on scripture memorization that was absolutely good for us!  I have heard her speak on it before and tried to put it into practice.  Don’t get me wrong…I memorize scripture, but whole books?!? No.  But, this time I was very convicted by God that this is the time.  Do it.  So please, any of you feel free to question me on that with some accountability from this day forward.  I’m thinking Jesus will be back before I down that many books! Ha, ha, ha!  I did ask God in prayer about what book HE would have me start with, and while warming up a bowl of rice and chicken for my mom today, I believed He put Galatians on my heart.  So Galatians it is. 

The last praise and worship time together consisted of a combination of all the songs the women wanted to sing again, and it was awesome! I then closed out with a final message on the theme verse: 1 Samuel 3:10b. I joined that with a little nugget from Revelation 2:17 that was stirred in my heart by Kenny, one of our board members for Pure Joy, and that which was propelled by my last pastor, Bro. Bill. The key words that God marinated in my heart that came from that verse were “hidden manna”. And let me tell you, God taught us truths that will preach from that!

We then had our last meal together when the ladies received the cards that so many of you had written notes for.  They were so excited! Thank you again from Pure Joy for taking the time. 

The team then packed everything up and waited for our bus to the airport.  In the waiting time, several people made it back to the market places again: Penny, Kathy, Nikki, Karen, Deb, Kim, Sharon, and Jerre.  There will be some really happy kids and grandkids in that bunch!  Patty, Jan, Ruth, Janice and I made it to the Starbucks and chilled for a few hours.  We all headed to dinner together and then on to the airport. 

Day 9 (Sunday)
We all arrived home safely to Houston around 9 a.m. or so.  We all finally made it to our home by middle to late afternoon on Sunday.  Before leaving the Houston airport I had already received the following emails from some of the ladies….

"I’m not much on good-byes, so I skipped as much of that part of the retreat as possible and opted to send you this hello email instead. Thank you for making a timely difference in my walk. Now I’m praying for your continued joy as you come down from the intense spiritual investment of this retreat and step back into your stateside world. - Jennifer"

"Hey Vickie, You and the team have been in my prayers. I was able to be tucked in bed by 10 p.m., and it was so great to be home, but I knew you were all still traveling and I know what that night flight is like…the worst being the wait in the airport when you just want to get on that plane and sleep. God indeed ministered to me at the retreat! Bless your hearts!  After these events or speaking there often comes a bit of a low time. I am committed to praying for you and the team in these next weeks that God will continually remind you how He used you to refresh the hearts of the saints. May God grant you clear guidance and absolute peace as you proceed in this transition period. “The LORD confides in those who fear HIM, He makes His covenant known to them.” Psalm 25:14 Rejoicing in Him, Vegas"

Today (Monday)
Well, it is Monday and life goes forward.  It will take most of the team and the missionaries several weeks to process some things, and then some of those things will have changed our lives for eternity!

I have one more load to take to storage today from the office. And then I will wake up tomorrow without an office to go to for the first time in well over 30 years.  Wow!  I can say the words but I know it has not all sunk in yet.  You might want to pray extra hard for my mom since I will be doing whatever it is I’m going to be doing from home.  God and I are in for some kind of journey!  I always tell that you know it’s God when you don’t have to shove it, push it, drag it, etc., because when it’s God you better ‘hold on’ because your hair will be blowing in the breeze!  I’m not saying that it’s easy…it’s just that you’re not straining to make things happen.

Here’s another sweet email I received this morning from one of the missionaries…

"Good Morning Vickie,  I hope that this email finds you well and back home safe and sound.  I just wanted to write to tell you how much I appreciated the opportunity to attend Pure Joy.  Thank you for your ministry to me and to the ladies in Lima. Your team was of great encouragement to all of us.  Praying for your niece and will continue to pray for your ministry! - Susie Austin"

God is faithful isn’t He!  Hope all of you don’t go into withdrawals as I return to the once a week blogs.  But, the trip blogs wouldn’t be as much fun if you heard from me every day otherwise.  Trust me…I live with me every day, it can get boring! Ha, ha, ha!

Love you all,
Holding on in Arkansas!

His,
Vickie

No comments: