Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Couldn’t leave the country without sharing....

By the time you get this it will be about 24 hours or less before we step on our first plane towards leaving the country. However, I could not help but share 4 emails I have received in the last 24 hours.  

The first one is from a missionary that attended our retreat in Dominican Republic several years ago. (past)  

All the following are unedited.

Dear Vicki
I read your updated and sense
excitement and enthusiasm for your 
Desire to bring the Tanzania women  
A big "dose of Pure Joy"!
  I'm excited for them - surprises
And love - a bundle of joy from you
And your team!

Peace and love of Jesus go 
With you, Cindy Darnell

The second one is from a team member that traveled with us several years ago. (past)

Hi, Vickie.
I am looking forward to reading all of the updates from the Tanzania trip!
I will be praying for great health, rest (when it's needed and possible, lol), energy, and the Holy Spirit's guidance as you minister to the ladies.
Can't wait to go again someday!
Love ya!

The third one is from a Missionary that will be attending the retreat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. She was reading the blog post that came out this week. (present)

I'm only reading this blog post today, but Oct 27 was my birthday, what a gift to see all of us are sponsored to go! Thank you kind and generous people. I am a little nervous about going as this will be my first time away from my family, but I am also praying that God will really use it to bless and encourage me in our ministry here. 
I can't thank you enough. A couple of weeks ago, I thought, "They won't come... ebola" It is so far away from us and it is completely true that if God wanted this trip to not go ahead, it wouldn't be going ahead. Safari njema ladies, I can't wait to be fellowshipping with you this time next week. 

And the finally the fourth that comes from a team member that will be joining us from the first time. But, while she is joining us for the first time it isn’t her first trip to Dar es Tanzania. She and her husband were missionaries there for many years even though they have been stateside for some time. (present)

Hello Sisters in Christ,
               I am so EXCITED to be a part of this awesome journey with you!  I know I haven’t met any of you, (except our fearless leader Vickie—whom I adore already!!) but your names are so familiar to me as I have been lifting each of you in prayer! I know God has a purpose for allowing me this wonderful opportunity to share with you in this life-changing experience. I can’t wait to meet each of you in person and to be able to love on each one of those missionary women!!! Of course, I am so sorry for the circumstances in which I am able to participate, but I know God has Julie in the palm of His hand, and He had this planned before the beginning of time. Thank you, Vickie, for allowing God to work through you to put this team together! As I am packing, I am asking God to help each of us to be His instruments in Tanzania—and all along the way! I will be stepping on “home ground” and I can’t adequately express to you the love and passion I have for that country, the people groups and the ones He has called to minister there!!! May God be with each of you in your last minute preparations and may He pave the way smoothly for each of us to meet in Atlanta!!! YAY!!! Only 2 more nights and we board the plane for a mission of a lifetime!!!!!! Until then, “He ONLY is my Rock and my salvation; He is my defense: I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.” (Psalm 62:6)!!!
BLESSINGS,
Jerry Anne Pevey

For those of you that give so graciously to this ministry through all means to be involved I just wanted you to hear what God is up to as we get ready to leave. There are just 4 out of several emails we get and things we hear from people. I wanted you to have a taste of the fruit of your partnership!

As we go forward only God knows what He plans to bring forth from this retreat. But, whatever it is to Him be the Glory forever and ever!!! (Future)

Love you all,

His,
Vickie

No comments: