Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Greetings...

I just returned from Austin, Texas and had the opportunity to minister with The Promise of Hope, a ministry from Great Hills Baptist Church.  It was good to see so many dear friends from my time on staff there, several of those I traveled with in the Great Hills Women’s Retreat Ministry, and those of you that attended the Promise of Hope retreat for the first time.  If you are joining our blog as a result of signing up after the retreat, “Welcome!”

As you can imagine, the dust has not settled yet from our North East Asia Retreat.   The emails are still coming in from the ladies that attended.  I am believing that some of you that gave gift bags and prayer cards will hear from some of the recipients in the near future if you haven't already.  However, they may not be able to contact you because of security reasons, so keep that in mind as well.

Today I wanted to share a note that a team member sent me.  I always try to share some things the missionary women had to say about the trip, but it is also good for you to hear what team members have to say because one day you might be one of our team members (smile)! 

It was wonderful getting to serve with you and this wonderful group of ladies! When we met the [NE Asia] woman who shared her testimony on the2nd day, I was so touched by her heart for God, and when she told us that she came to know Christ through a missionary who came to [NE Asia], God grabbed a hold of my heart and showed me how much missionaries are needed. I've never left the "Bible belt" before this trip and everyone I had ever known had heard about Jesus. I realized that she may not have ever heard about the gospel if that missionary hadn't come to tell her. I also see now how much missionaries need encouragement and prayer and how much Pure Joy means to them. It was awesome being a part of the worship and getting to see how excited and eager they were to worship God. I felt like they were the worship leaders. And God was so good to me on this trip. Every time I started to feel down and miss my family, a missionary would come up to me and tell me how much it meant to them that we came and would encourage my heart so much! It was like God was assuring me that I was right where He wanted me to be. Thank you for being sensitive to God and where He leads you. This ministry is so wonderful and life changing, both for the missionaries and those who get to serve on the team. Love you!

And let me say this about the young woman that wrote that email to me.  She did such a wonderful job of leading us in worship!  It was just incredible to hear the worship 'rise up' out of the hearts of the missionary women there.

Here is the link to a YouTube music video of a song that really ministered to our hearts during the retreat...... http://youtu.be/DXDGE_lRI0E

Love you guys.

His,
Vickie

No comments: