Friday, October 11, 2013

When you have to come off the Mountain...

We are hearing back from a significant number of missionary women from the North East Asia retreat.  We as a team are also talking among ourselves about the trip.  Honestly, it is hard to get your feet to come back down to the valley after such a mountaintop experience of seeing God minister.  I shared with a team member recently that it can settle in as some unrecognized depression after a while.  You just kind of seem hum-drum.  

I tell my girls and ladies I disciple/teach that long ago while doing some prison ministry with a couple, I heard this statement, "Comparison is the death of JOY!"  It is so true in so many ways in our lives.  It is hard to come back from those that have so little to us that have so much and not get frustrated at our selfishness.  They have nothing; we gripe if we have to down size, sell a boat, live in a one story house instead of two or three…you get the picture.  

But, let me balance something for all of us....it isn't what you have; it is what you do with what you have because it all comes from God!  He has allowed it!  So, is a three story home wrong?  NO!...especially if you are using it to minister to your family needs and the needs of others.   I know two very dear couples in ministry; one in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX and one in the Broken Arrow /Tulsa, OK area.  I love their hearts.  They always have an upstairs for what I call “their missionary friends” that come through town.   They truly use it for those in ministry that need a place to lay their heads as they are passing through.  I should know - I've laid my head in both homes several times!  I think you hear my heart.  The truth is that if we have hearts that 'Seek first His kingdom and righteousness ' then our lives will be a series of mountaintops and valley experiences.  Today, I am linking you to a letter from a sweet sister.....WOW!.... hear her heart and sense the Valleys and the Mountains. (Click Here for the link!)


His,

Vickie

No comments: