Tuesday, September 24, 2013

We Are Home...

The team made it home Sunday afternoon and evening, once we separated from one another in Chicago.  We had an incredible time meeting and ministering to the missionary women.  I believe we all felt that God showed up and ministered to their hearts with comfort, encouragement, conviction, affirmation, and conviction - and a good amount of laughter, too.

Let me share with you a letter we received from one of the ladies. As you read this please understand why your prayers are so important when we ask you to pray for a retreat! And thank you for praying!!

-----------------------------
Dear Pure Joy Team,

Thank you so much for hearing, listening and obeying.  Thank you for serving ad being God's love in action. God has blessed me immensely in mind, body, and soul through your kindness, gifts, your wisdom and vulnerable sharing. Thank you for ministering to us as sisters.  Thank you for saying the tough stuff in love.

God so knew I needed to be here. He has spoken deep into my heart this week in ways I couldn't have imagined.  Thank you for being committed to pray and for recruiting others to lift us up as well.  How can the Holy Spirit be so powerfully ministering through you just to me and then be doing the same for most every other women sitting around me.  Thank you for challenging us to let the walls down.  Thank you for providing a safe place for those walls to crumble.  Thank you for moving in the Spirit when it made you feel uncomfortable.

I'm not a retreat person.  God ensured that I come despite scheduling issues and lack of desire to come.  But through your prayers I have felt our Savior’s arms around my shoulders, His whispers in my ears, His comfort and His direction in some challenging areas and circumstances.  Thank you and thank you again.

Liz
-------------------

I will share with you more comments along the way!

Love you all,

His,
Vickie

No comments: