Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Paying if Forward...

Sunday morning I was giving a report to our Sunday school class (yes, we still call it what it is instead of fancying the name up).   This class has been proof to me that you can call it what you want as long as God's Word is being taught and the name of Jesus lifted up!  The class stays in a steady state of growth!  Anyway, I was sharing with the class how much I appreciated their support of Pure Joy International which translates into their support of our missionary women and families all over the world.  Our class has always been solid along with other church families and friends of Pure Joy to make sure all our missionary women in attendance are sponsored for each conference held overseas.  As of last week all our women for the North East Asia Trip are sponsored.  Thank you all for being a part of this trip.  As I said last week, any funds that come in from this point forward will go towards our next trip (probably Tanzania).  After class a friend and class member came up and said, “Here, 'pay it forward'”.  It was a check to sponsor a missionary for our next trip.   I love that God is always working on behalf of these missionary women and this is proof that we get to share with them.  

Well, today I started thinking about the times I have gone through the Starbucks line and the person in front of me bought my drink…and, how I have bought other peoples’ drinks as well…also, what it feels like to be able to help someone at the checkout at the grocery store when they come up short and really thought they had enough and you are in a position to hand them the needed amount.  There is something really awesome about being able to 'pay it forward'.    I've written on this before but it really is in my spirit again.  What if 'paying it forward' meant not only money.  What if it meant time?  Maybe someone gave you time that you needed for a listening ear or what about carrying someone's bags because someone did the same for you and because you can.  What if we just helped people in need of different things because we can?  What if for one day you made a decision to be aware of how you could 'pay it forward' to others around you, whatever that might look like.  Just for one day be that tuned into others!!   I challenge you to try it!!

We are 10 days out from leaving the country!  Hard to believe!  Please keep us in your prayers going into this home stretch before leaving the country.  Final details are being solidified with most of it done!!  Yea, God!

And finally, I just wish there was a way to let everyone know the full impact of the resources of finances, gifts, and prayers you sacrifice for these women and their families.  I suspect none of you will know this side of heaven!

His,
Vickie 

No comments: