Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday...

Remember all the jokes about Mondays over the years of your life?  Well, truthfully I haven’t had a “Monday”, if you will, in my life in some time.  Praise God!  But today I had one during the morning hours that reminded me that every second of every day can end up being a “Monday” apart from the grace of God. 

I started my day with an interaction with my 16 year old niece that was anything but pretty.  (16 year old is the operative word here and should tell you everything, ha,ha).  Yes, anyone would have seriously considered me as having tipped the scale of losing it!  The words I spoke were ugly and the actions weren’t any prettier!

When I returned to reality I was totally ashamed of my behavior before the Father, the testimony of the LORD in my life to my niece (which I’m sure she questioned at the moment)  and absolutely angry with myself for not responding differently. 

I sought the LORD’S forgiveness and KNOW it is always there when we go to Him pure of heart and repentant!  I wrote  my niece (because she is not talking to me for now J) a letter of confession and asked for ‘forgiveness’ and am sure she will forgive me when she is over being mad at me and/or when she needs me for something again, whichever comes first.  (Did I tell you she is 16 years old?  Enough said!)  I also have forgiven myself,  which is the hardest for us,  isn’t it? 

But mostly I have received that reality check that we all need sometimes that says…”Remember apart from HIM, it ain’t pretty!”  I am so thankful that these difficult times are the reminder in our lives that HE does LIVE!  And HE LIVES inside of you and me as Believers!  I’m so thankful I feel the need to confess, repent and seek forgiveness when things don’t line up with TRUTH!  As we go into the Easter weekend may we not forget the POWER OF THE CROSS AND RESURRECTION! Praise God HE is in us and we are in HIM!  +++

I had a great time over the weekend in Austin, TX.  Got to spend time with several of the girls I have had the privilege to disciple over the years.  Also was able to talk with several ladies from Great Hills Church that are praying about being part of our team for Costa Rica!  Pray this week as many of the ladies are making that decision to go or not go depending on how God is speaking to them.  I am excited about what God has in store for the time with the Missionary Women in Costa Rica.  I want to close out today with an email I received from one of the ladies that will be attending the retreat….

"Thank you so very much for all that you and the other ladies of the team are doing for all of us here in Costa Rica. When I received the notice of the retreat and began to pray about the possibility of going I felt and continue to feel great emotion. Each time I read the invitation and looked at the website and even now as I write you this email, great emotion wells up within me and I begin to cry. I cannot explain it. This has rarely happened to me. Again thank you. May God abundantly bless you all."

Love You All and Covet Your Prayers,

His,
Vickie

No comments: