Monday, April 5, 2010

Three Days...

Don't know about you but I have heard a lot of preaching on Matthew Chapters 27 and 28 these past three days concerning the Resurrection of Christ. I mean I have heard some incredible preaching from Pastors on television, radio, and my home church! I am always amazed at the wisdom that God pours out from His chosen vessels who proclaim His Word. I love how they challenge me to grow!

Not only have I heard the Word on the Resurrection, I have also been keenly aware of experiencing the Resurrection of Christ this weekend. Saturday began with me preparing to take my mom to the airport. She goes to California every year at this time for three weeks to visit my brother and sister in-law. Well, after driving her to Little Rock, Arkansas and dropping her off at the airport, I headed home to spend the afternoon fishing. Okay, I did have to make a baby stop because Patty and Kenny had their little granddaughter Arden in for the weekend along with all their kids. Of course Arden needed me to hold her for a while. I then proceeded to the homefront to settle in for the day. I got three fishing rods, minnows, jigs of every size color and shape, my lawn chair and headed to the boardwalk to fish. We live on a peninsula of the lake. From 12:45 p.m. till 8:15 p.m., I sat out on the lake fishing, watching the clouds, ducks, turtles, bugs, boats, birds, water, fish moving on the lake, sunshine, and all the sounds to go with the environment. It was awesome! God and I together spending the day! Because He Lives I can know Him intimately. He is as real to me as holding that little Arden in my arms. Later in the afternoon, some friends brought their son out to fish with me for a few hours, and even he was just part of the Awesomeness of God! Let me close with the following picture because it truly was HIS grand finale of my day with HIM.


I pray that each one of you who reads this blog KNOWS THE POWER OF THE RISEN LORD IN EVERYDAY LIFE!!! HE LIVES!

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Yes He does! He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! I really enjoyed this well written message on our Lord. May our Lord continue to shine through you and your blog. God bless, Lloyd