Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Heart Hangers" cont'd again...

Sunday afternoon, as I relaxed at home waiting for our evening home group from church to meet, I was watching David Jeremiah on Day Star television. He opened his message with this statement, “What you believe about Heaven will determine how you live today”. So, can I ask you a question? What do you believe about Heaven? Please understand the word ‘believe’ in that sentence. It doesn’t say “What do you know about Heaven?” To know is to have ‘head knowledge’ in the sense that we have the data regarding Heaven. To believe is ‘heart knowledge’ and our lives reflect this knowledge.

We act out what we believe, not what we know!

I love that David Jeremiah is teaching on this subject so intently. I honestly think if we believed half of what we know the Bible says about Heaven, our homes, churches, communities, work environments, etc. would all be different. Think about it!

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Jenny Stedman said...

I struggle with my "beliefs" all the time. The conversation usually goes: "Do I really believe this? And, if so, why am I acting the way I do?"

Most of the time, I don't think it is an issue of moving the knowledge from my "head" to my "heart". My problem tends to be moving it from my heart to my hands & feet.

One example of this is my belief regarding the lost. I know the lost are condemned to Hell, yet too often I don't act on this. Distractions and lack of clarity regarding what actions to take get in the way of me sharing the gospel to those who don't know Christ.

Thanks for the great reminder to keep the knowledge moving! Get it from the Word - put it in my head. Meditate on it and discuss it with God - put it in my heart. And THEN, give it some feet!