Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Don't let the grass grow under your feet...

Well, if you are like me, you are off and running in 2009. All the family made it home safely from the holidays. As of yesterday, we have rearranged, dusted, vacuumed, thrown away, tried to figure out what the thing we were holding went to, and had several cups of coffee and leftovers while accomplishing those tasks. Honestly, our family had absolutely the greatest Christmas of all time, from my perspective. I loved having everyone home, and not just for an 'in and out' play, but for a 'whole inning'. If you know me, you know I miss the little ones a lot. I also learned that I'm not any good at speed 'Scrabble' and honestly, I'm not good at it if there is no speed involved. We also played a game called 'Balderdash'. It's about a lot of bluffing each other regarding your responses to a statement, work, initials, etc. I learned that bluffing is really just another word for lying! Ha,ha,ha,ha, but bluffing sounds better! We also spent hours on my nephew's Wii and Guitar Hero. Let me say this to you ….the guitar thing….well, I just had to finally give that up because you can only be booed by a video audience so many times before it starts to have a negative effect on you! Ha,ha,ha,ha, However, I did really like the Wii bowling, tennis, and golf. In fact, I believe that I got in a tremendous amount of exercise during the holiday time. I also know I got in a tremendous amount of calories. Hmmmmmm I sense I'm not alone in that statement.

So, what is new for Pure Joy in 2009. First off we will be traveling to Longview, TX, to share with the church family at Macedonia Baptist Church this Sunday morning. I have the privilege of sharing my testimony Sunday morning and Sunday night we will be sharing about Pure Joy with the church family. Then, at the end of this month, Pure Joy will be doing "Pure Joy at Home" an opportunity for my own church family to really gain some understanding of what we do when we are overseas. We are continuing to make plans for the retreat in Poland in April/May and Wendy is putting together another church tour for us in the central part of Arkansas. If any of you would like for us to come visit your state and your church to share about Pure Joy, please email Wendy Stotts at wendy@purejoyinternational.org or vickie@purejoyinternational.org and we will make arrangements to come your way. We have two more retreats coming up in the Fall of 2009 and we will make you aware of them as when we have locked in the dates. In the meantime, please pray for the teams God would put together to go on all of our retreats along the way. He knows what the missionary women need and He knows what we need.

Remember to lift up our missionary women all over the world and their families near and far. A lot is going on in the world around us and it can seem very overwhelming. Rest, we serve a Mighty God. He is enough!

His,
vickie

No comments: