Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Does God Have a Phone?

This morning I went by the hospital on my way to the office to check on my Uncle. My Aunt took a phone call, so I was able to talk with him while the nurse changed his wound. On the way out my Aunt said, “My cousin wanted to tell me something.” I took the phone and she proceeded to tell me the following. “We had R (grandson) last night. A storm came over our house that lasted about two hours. Lots of lighting and thunder, lots!” I told her, “Yes I know we got it, too. It was major!!” She went on to say it really scared R even though he wasn’t normally afraid of storms. He finally asked her, “Mimi does God have a phone?” She told him no, and asked why? He said, “Because I want to call Him and ask Him to stop the storm.” She went on to explain to him (of course) that while God doesn’t have a telephone he can talk to Him at any time and used this as a teachable moment.

I absolutely love the simple faith of a child! By golly he knew if you wanted to communicate something with another person that wasn’t there just pick up the phone and call them. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha (He just turned 6.)

Are you in the middle of a storm right now? How severe does the storm have to get for you to recognize, just like a small child did, that only God is big enough for this particular storm?

2 Samuel 22:4 (ESV)
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:6 (ESV)
In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

Psalm 50:15 (ESV)
... and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

Psalm 116:2 (ESV)
Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 145:18 (ESV)
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Romans 10:13 (ESV)
“everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”  

Southeast Asia Update!

First, let me start off by singing God’s Praises as He moved on your hearts to give to the Southeast Asia conference. All the M’s are fully sponsored! We are down to almost 7 weeks out from heading that way. The team is getting more excited and continues to work on preparation details. Gifts are being made for the M’s and Prayers are being lifted up all over the world for this trip.

Specific prayer request regarding the trip:
  • Still praying for a keyboard to be volunteered from a local church where we will be staying.
  • Pray for team members to all get their resources in for the trip.
  • Pray for those that will be speaking and sharing testimonies. 
  • Pray for Praise and Worship times
  • Pray for a great time of fellowship amongst the ladies during meals, free-time, the conference, snacks, etc.
  • Pray for the Holy Spirit to encourage and refresh them through the Word of Truth that will be spoken over them.
  • Pray for safety for the team and M’s on the way to the conference, at the conference and coming home from the conference.
  • Pray above all that we leave the sweet fragrance of Christ in the hearts of the women that will be coming to be encouraged and refreshed!

Please continue to lift up all these prayers and those that God places on your heart to be praying for them and us as well!

Again, thank you all so much for your obedience to Him to give to these ladies! I know I say this to you on each trip but it is the truth ... You are as much a part of this trip as those that will get on a plane and fly over the oceans. We could not do our part if you were not doing your part. Each part equals the whole!

Love you all,

His,
Vickie

No comments: