Monday, July 18, 2016

Bumping into Christ or Clinging?

The first year of my walk with the LORD I was asked to teach a 12th grade girls’ Sunday school class in our youth department. Obviously, they needed to fill a spot (Smile). Being still immature in the LORD but dripping with zeal for Him I said, yes. The real challenge came when I was asked to address the large group before they broke out into their boys’ and girls’ smaller groups. As I sought the LORD regarding that short opening message to them, the LORD kept taking me back to Luke 8:40-48 regarding a woman that had an issue of blood. I encourage you to read all the passages but for our purpose and space I want to extract ...

Luke 8:45-46
And Jesus said, “Who was it that touched me?” When all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!” But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.”


In the original Greek that word “touched” right there means to cling to, hang on to, hold. Did you catch what caught my attention? It was Peter’s response to Jesus when He said, “Who touched me?” To paraphrase Peter’s response, he said to Jesus, “There are a ton of people surrounding you and pressing in on you, it could be anybody!” But Jesus responded and I paraphrase again, “No, someone in the crowd actually grabbed hold of me and wouldn’t let go.” I love that passage. In other words, she approached Jesus intentionally with believing faith that He would make a difference in her life.

Can I ask you a question? Are you just bumping into Jesus, in your quiet times, ministry, church, Bible studies, conferences, summer camps, etc.? Or are you intentionally approaching Jesus believing by faith that HE will make a difference in your life and circumstances?

As this world continues to become more and more unstable daily, it is time to stop bumping into Jesus and start clinging to Him!! 

Southeast Asia Update...
I am excited to share with you that we have all but 9 M’s sponsored for the Asia trip. That is so exciting to us as we continue to make final preparations. For those of you that are giving to these ladies, thank you so much. I saw a picture on my mom’s face book today that I am posting below. It is a great illustration and so simple regarding the importance of the role of giving to churches and missions organizations that pray, go, and give when it comes to our M’s on the field of service all over this world.


Please continue to pray that God will continue to move on hearts to give towards the final 9 M’s.

Love You All,

His,
Vickie

No comments: