Monday, February 3, 2014

God is Eternal...

Can you imagine life without time constraints?  When I have the opportunity to go on vacation -- which I don't even remember the last time I took a real genuine vacation. (I should see a counselor about that, ha,ha,ha!)  Anyway, when I have had the opportunity, the first thing I do is take off my watch and put it in the glove box of the car.  (Obviously, I've never flown to my vacation spot. ha,ha,ha)  Anyway, I do that because I am on vacation. I consider that as my time to NOT have any time constraints on anything.  When I eat, when I go to bed, get up, how long I stay at a certain place…it is my time to do what I want, period.   No “have to’s”.  Don't have to be here by a certain time, be there by a certain time, have this done by a certain time, etc., etc.  You get the picture!  It is amazing how time influences our daily routine and the amount of unspoken stress and sometimes spoken stress that accompany it.  Yet God is the cause of time. 
I have more thoughts about time and why God put it into place than I have space to write.  But I challenge you to think about time ....why did God put time in place on this earth?  Yes, it constrains and yes, it can cause stress at times, but it does a whole lot more than that which is really awesome stuff.  Think about it!  I would love to hear your thoughts on this one!!

Eternal - Eternal refers to God's relationship to time.  Past, present, and future are known equally to Him. God has no beginning, and He has no end.  He is not confined to the finiteness of time or of man's reckoning of time.  He is, in fact, the cause of time.

Revelation 1:8 (ESV)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Deuteronomy 33:27 (ESV)
The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, ‘Destroy.’

Psalm 102:27 (ESV)  
But you are the same, and your years have no end.

Romans 1:20 (ESV)
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

1 Timothy 1:17 (ESV)
To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

2 Peter 3:8 (ESV)
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

We are closing in our dates and location for Tanzania.  The retreat will be in November and most likely toward the middle of the month.   November 12- 15 are looking like the actual retreat dates.  So please continue to pray.  Also, we are most likely moving the September retreat for Ghana to the location of Burkina Faso or Senegal so please pray as we solidify this location.

Love you all so much...

His,
Vickie

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your blog and I'm praying for your ministry. Doylene