Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Blog not forgotten...


Ok, so last week I did not get around to the blog. I knew it was due but I just wasn't in that mode. My staff will attest to this truth: I am not the kind of person to write just to write. In fact, I wouldn't write as much as I do if they didn't press in on me to do it! That is why I love them so much!!

So, let me catch you up. On Friday November 30th I headed to Mineral Wells, TX to spend the weekend with several of the young women I had the opportunity to disciple for three years while I was on church staff in Austin, TX. We get together the first weekend of December each year either in Texas or in Arkansas to catch up and see what God has been doing in our lives over the past year. We had fun, ate too much, fellowshipped, had a few deep discussions on the topic of Christmas and did some shopping. (Shopping: my favorite thing to do . . . NOT!) Ladies, I encourage you to spend time with your girlfriends and add some accountability to your life.

Sunday afternoon as we all packed up and headed our separate ways, I headed on to Altus, Oklahoma where I spent the night with my dear friends, Robert and Maureen Sutherland. The following night I spoke at First Baptist Church Altus to a full house of women from churches all around the area. The Christmas Celebration Dinner consisted of brisket, twice-baked potatoes, salad, and a veggie, but of course, I don't remember what that was. Ha, Ha! The dessert was red velvet cake. Now that I'm thinking about it, who needs a speaker after all that? Ha, Ha! I did share a message with them from Luke 2:8-18 based on their theme "The First Christmas Rush". We had such a sweet time and laughed our heads off along with shedding a few tears. I returned home Tuesday, and Friday I did a TV spot with our local cable station to share about opportunities to get on board with Pure Joy International. (Note: TV is not my cup of tea, coffee, or any other drink! Ha, ha, ha!)

This week I am back on course with Pure Joy International and counseling. God is doing so many amazing things in our ministry right now that I am just enjoying the ride!! We will be bringing in an intern in January. Sara is a precious young woman and a soon to be first time mom. She grew up in Brazil, and she and her husband hope to return there to minister in the future. We are looking forward to what God is up to in her life and ours as we journey together.

Don't forget to be praying for our trips to Belize, Ghana, and Mongolia. Pray for all the details for connections and hotels/resorts, etc. Also, pray for the missionary women who need to know about these retreats. Pray about giving and pray about going! The dates have not yet been set – stay in touch through the blog where I’ll announce details as they emerge. 

If you want to see a slideshow of our trip to Prague, visit our website www.PureJoyInternational.org. Take a look at the front page and other pages where we have been updating some of our information.

Hope all of you are not making yourselves crazy during this season but are actually taking time to celebrate that we have a Savior and, because of Him, we are only passing through!! Amen!!

Love you all!

His,
Vickie 

No comments: