Saturday, December 29, 2012

Accountability in the Body of Christ...


I have to say I love accountability. I made a statement in the Blog this week that I am reading the book "The Harbinger" by Jonathan Cahn. I also suggested the book as a 'must read'. I stated, “It is totally thought provoking in regard to America's future.”

As soon as the blog was posted, I received a note from one of our readers. She let me know that she liked the snow picture but disagreed with me about the book. She suggested I look at the following link http://www.thebereancall.org/content/harbinger-matter-critical-discernment.

I took time to do just as she suggested, and I’m thankful that I did so. I so agreed with what T.A. McMahon had to say as a critical critique of the book. I do suggest if you have read the book to look at this link and if you are going to read the book to look at this link.

Reading the link reminded me to communicate more clearly my thoughts on a book. While I understand that this book is fictional, and I agree with T.A. McMahon's statement that "it (The Harbinger) tries to fit into the genre of National Treasure and the Da Vinci Code”, I herald the main principle that America must repent and turn back to the God of the Scriptures.

Thank you, reader, for holding me accountable for what is communicated on this blog site.

His,
Vickie

2 comments:

Karen, in Palm Coast said...

Hello Vicki,

Thank you for the post. I actually looked up the book and read reviews on Amazon and decided not to purchase it based on reviews. I agree with today's post. Thank you so much for your transparent leadership style. Love in Jesus, Karen

Karen, in Palm Coast said...

Hi Vicki,

I actually looked up the book upon your recommendation and after reading the Amazon reviews decided not to purchase the book. I agree with today's blog posting. Thank you so much for your transparent leadership style. In Jesus, Karen