Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving...


As I begin to ponder the direction of the blog this week knowing that Thanksgiving is upon us, I am mindful of those who are struggling in so many different ways: in finances, marriages, families, children (young and adult), businesses, spirituality, ministries, health, loss of loved ones this year, etc.

Two verses from the Word of God stand out to me concerning this issue of Thanksgiving and our life situations.

The first is from 1 Chronicles 16:34 "Oh Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"

His very character is that He is good. His goodness is intrinsic. Therefore, it cannot be changed or moved by circumstances, because to do so would change His very character. His goodness is also not manipulated by our behaviors/actions whether they are good or bad. I am so thankful for that alone!

Because God is good, He always has our best interest at heart! Always! Now, that is worth thanking Him with a few hallelujahs and praises!

The second is from Psalm 118:28 "You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you."

I love those first four words. "You are my God." When is the last time you claimed Him with such ownership and devotion? Have you ever? Have you ever even thought about it before? If not, please do. Because John 1:12 tells us, "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God . . .” Therefore, He is your God! That, too, is worth thanking Him with some hallelujahs and praises!
So this Thanksgiving Season, thank Him because He is good and He is your God! Those two things are powerful reasons to give thanks.

While there is an endless list of reasons to be thankful this coming Thanksgiving Day, we at Pure Joy International are thankful for each and every one of you and your hearts for our God. Thank you for praying, supporting the mechanics of the ministry, supporting the missionary women, giving gifts, and for going!

I love you all so much and am thankful for you all the time!

His,
Vickie

No comments: