Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Home from Alabama...

Left last week for Albertville, Alabama where Pure Joy had the great privilege of being a part of First Baptist Church Albertville’s first mission’s conference ever. I must sing the praises of those precious folks in that church! They absolutely did an incredible job of putting the conference together. The hospitality from the homes we stayed in to the conference itself was top notch. It was so awesome to be around other missionaries who came in for the conference. Of course I was in ‘hog’ heaven (woooooo pig razorbacks) hanging out with my people group: missionaries. I was able to make two contacts for trips next year in 2013. We are looking at Ghana, Africa and Belize Central America. So, as you read this, hide those places in your heart. Let me know if God is speaking to you about going! I also had the chance to speak to several different Sunday school departments in different homes. The people were receptive and loving as could be! There was a dear retired pastor at my second house who wanted to know if anything good could come out of Arkansas! Ha, ha! They take their football serious!!

The thing I loved about my time in Albertville is the church family was actively involved during the entire weekend. They were in attendance when opportunities were available for them to meet with us (the missionaries). I am confident that I will be seeing several of the women from the church sitting across from me someday as we are headed overseas somewhere. Again, great time! Thanks FBC Albertville, AL if you are reading this!

Well, we are in the process this week of locking in our hotel/resort area for the Dominican Republic retreat in May of this year. We still have some team slots open if you are interested, but you need to be getting in touch with me pretty soon if you feel like God is putting it on your heart to join us. Also, start praying for all the details of the trip and begin the process of praying for the support to come in for the missionaries who will be in attendance. We already have our first missionary paid for. So don’t just sit back and watch God move on behalf of these ladies, but also be a part of it! If you can’t go but are interested in how your church can do some of the little detail things that make a big difference, then get in touch with me as well.

I want to close with this one thought for the week. Randy Gaither, one of the missionary men who spoke to us during the Sunday services made this comment:

“Every morning I get up and stand at attention and say ‘LORD,
Randy Gaither reporting for service today!’”

You may read that and say, “I can do that.” But, I would challenge you. Yes, anyone can stand up and say those words, but can you really MEAN THEM? Will YOU really report for service or will your lips just show up? Hmmm think about it.

Love you all so much, and I covet your prayers as God is stretching us for His Glory!!

His,
Vickie

No comments: