Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011...

As I sit down to write this blog I know that it is Thanksgiving week and many will sit down to give thanks this week.  Many will slow down for the first time all year to think of the things they are thankful for and for some it will pass by just like any other day of their life.
Looking around me, thinking back on the life, thinking present life, and future life, one word rises up in bold letters to me and that is what I am most thankful for - “Grace”.

I like the simple definition given by Holman Bible Dictionary:

Grace: underserved acceptance and love received from another, especially the characteristic attitude of God in providing salvation for sinners.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er,
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Here is something for you to chew on this week besides turkey…meditate on that last verse and what it is really saying to us, “Oh, for grace to trust Him more!”  Don’t assume you get it, really think about it!

Blessings on you and your families this Thanksgiving Week!

His,
Vickie

No comments: