Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm Laughing...

So, I spent this past weekend with some dear friends who have a marriage retreat ministry called “Let’s Get Real-Marriages” (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Get-Real-Marriages/264310908290), and they do get ‘real’ in the teaching time.  No I’m not married, but I have been counseling married couples for almost 30 years now with 21 of those years being Biblical Counseling.  The reason I attended was to observe what was being taught, because I have some of the participants in follow up counseling.  It was very scripturally tight and the presenters were excellent (and I’m not just saying that because they are good friends.  You that know me know that’s true).  I’m laughing out loud because God has clear teaching in His word regarding the principles of marriage.  You only need to be able to read or listen to a CD to get the information.  Ah, but it is receiving the information that gets everyone in trouble.  Why?  Because by the time most people get the information, their mind’s filtering system is already full of worldly lint!  I mean some big lint balls that got passed on from parents, friends, peers, books, TV, magazines, etc., that weren’t doing life God’s way.  Lint balls that say things like, “Hey if you don’t like it, you know were the door is!”  At this point I think that statement would make me want to regress into a tad bit of drama where I immediately start flinging my arms in the air in front of me while saying something like, “Where am I?  I can’t see? Where’s the door?”  Ha, ha.  Anyway, I pray that the couples were able to receive the truth that was taught and will put it into practice daily.

We are booking team tickets this week for the Peru trip.  Please pray as a few ladies are still in decision mode regarding their part on the team.  It is so cool to look at how God positions us for the trips.  When we left for Costa Rica, the team was full.  As you know last week I shared with you that we had a few places open back up for team members.  He has filled several of those this week.  I love how HE KNOWS!

As of today there are 39 missionary women registered for the retreat.  I suspect the final 11 places will fill up by the end of next week.  Please begin to prayerfully start seeking the LORD to see if He would have you give to help towards sponsoring the missionary women that will be attending.  I know I say this often.  We would be lying to you if we said we didn’t need your resources, but more than that, we need your hearts!  Hearts that truly understand the need this ministry meets for the missionary women as we go each time.  Hearts that can really pray with us in the preparations process as we ask for prayers for the details.  So, yes, give us your resources if God so leads, but above all else give us your hearts!!

I shared with you earlier our theme is “Take Off the Mask”.  I wonder as you read this how many of you out there are hiding behind a ‘Mask’?  You look happy, content, confident, self-assured, in control; you are leading music, bible studies, women’s ministries, homeschooling, running businesses, etc. and you walk in fear daily that someone is going to find out that your marriage is falling apart, your children are living in the world, your job is about to be terminated, you’re at the door of bankruptcy, etc.  What you are hiding?

Love you All and Covet your Prayers,

His,
Vickie

No comments: