Monday, June 27, 2011

Really. Really? Really!

Don’t words just take on the most interesting meanings when you have teenage children, teenage grandchildren and/or you have nieces and nephews that are teenagers.  I never cease to be amazed at what this generation of teens has done to take the English language and make it over into a whole different style of communication.

There is one word that is a part of their vocabulary these days that I feel strongly that we as adults have rightly taken from them and we OWN IT as a response statement to some of the things they say and do! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha. It is the word, “Really”.

It can be translated in many more voice tones than I can probably pen here but I think if you have teenagers you will understand what I am talking about and have used all of these 3 forms of “Really”.

The first “Really” response statement is a one word point which basically translates as:  (1) Ok, (2) I get it, (3) I got this, (4) For sure, (5) Done, etc.

The second “Really?” response statement questions the very core of the conversation you were just exposed to and is a short cut to not having to make the following comments such as:  (1) are you really asking me that again, (2) Am I supposed to believe this, (3) so “everyone” else is doing this and their parents approve, (4) I question this, (5) Haven’t we been here before?

The third “Really!” and my personal favorite response statement to the ridiculous stories teenagers come up with (seasoned with just the right amount of voice inflection) says so much that doesn’t have to be said, but if it was being said it would be something like:
(1) Do I have stupid stamped on my head? (2) You’ve got to be kidding me, (3) So you actually expect me to believe that? (4) Do I look like I left my brains at the house this morning? (5) ARE YOU SURE YOU CAME FROM OUR GENE POOL!!!!

You don’t have to be a trained counselor to recognize that I may have had to deal with a teenager today.  REALLY!   Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha 

We are getting closer in on our trip to Costa Rica. We are in that home stretch! Pray as we are getting the trunks packed. Because the team is spread out across several states, Oklahoma, AR, TX, and Arizona,  it has been pretty interesting getting the weight distribution correct. Pray for us as we continue to accomplish that! Everyone is getting more and more excited! Pray for all the DETAILS and Praise God HE is in the details. 

We have 31 Missionary women sponsored. Praise the LORD! We have only 19 more women to be sponsored for this trip. God is Good and His timing is perfect!

Love you.
His,
Vickie

No comments: