Monday, June 20, 2011

From the Heart of a Missionary...

As I began to prepare the blog today I thought about how we are once again so close in and with 21 missionary women that still need to be sponsored. Again, leaning not on my own understanding but trusting God that HE will provide, I know my part is just to keep the need before everyone. As I was thinking about this I like to remind myself why we go to minister to those on the front line. I think one of the missionary women said it best from our last trip in Uganda and I wanted you to see why we don’t stop going, we don’t stop asking, we don’t stop giving, we don’t stop praying, we don’t stop because HE IS!
Here is a missionary from Uganda’s response to the Evaluation Questionnaire when asked, “What, if anything, would you recommend that we do differently or better?”

And I quote,
“Sorry, nothing. It was so amazing. Every time when I think back, I still can’t believe that some ladies in the world just came over here and overloaded us with love. I praise God for you every time when I think of it. He really is amazing. It took some time for me to fill in this evaluation because I was traveling straight after the retreat (P.S. I missed a question in this form about the little (and bigger) gifts we found every time on the table….I would have answered with: Amazing, it just never ended!) Now, five weeks after your visit, I am still having many times when I smile and thank God for what He did through you. May He continue to bless you, and all those ladies involved who made cards, presents, brought gifts, prayed, or supported in another way. May He bless your ministry when you go for other retreats to be a blessing for other ladies as well. You are very special!”

We, at Pure Joy, love to receive comments like this on the evaluation forms following a retreat but also know it is from the combination of affirmations of this level and constructive criticism that have continued to propel us forward with excellence as unto the LORD! I shared this one with you because it reveals the heart of 98% of the missionary women regarding their attitude about the teams that go, those that give, and those that pray.

We are in the home stretch now for Costa Rica. Packing will take place in approximately two weeks. Wow! We have had about 5 women that have had to remove themselves from attending due to life circumstances. But those places are already being filled by women on the waiting list. I love to watch how God works in the home stretch to have just the 50 women He intends to be at this particular retreat! HE CARES!

Love you guys….Give, Give, Give

His,
Vickie

No comments: