Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Egg Salad...

I don’t know how things work at your home but probably a lot like ours even if you have kids. We get into a routine even if it is a crazy routine! In our home it usually looks something like this….. Get up and go the bathroom. Mom is making coffee. Take my daily ritual of pills. Mom and I both sit down and do our daily Bible reading and then read out of whatever devotional book we are each interested in for now. Then the news channel, Local and World, gets clicked back and forth between to see if we have been raptured or not. (oops, tehehe) I fix our breakfast. I then go take my shower, iron my clothes and head to the hair and make-up area. One particular morning as I was coming through the kitchen from the shower my mom was cooking something. As I’m walking through I say to my mom, “What are you making?” She responds, “Egg Salad”. This conversation happens in one fluid motion because truly I was passing through the kitchen. “Is it for us or the church?” I ask as I head on into the bedroom. “For us” she replies. When I get to the bedroom I have this amusing thought…so I go back in the kitchen with a grin on my face and I tell my mom, “You know you have a Christian household if you have to ask who the food is for that is being cooked!!” My mom looked at me and said, “I was thinking the very same thing!” We both had a good laugh!!!
I shared that story that night with my friend, Mandy, from church. Our home group meets in their home. She immediately smiled and proceeded to tell me that her kids had just recently asked her the same thing regarding some pies she had made. They were even more excited when they found out they ‘actually’ were getting to keep a WHOLE PIE for themselves instead of it all going to the church! It’s the little things, isn’t it! Ha,ha,ha,ha

I don’t think that all food dishes and baked goods being sent to the church is truly the plumb line for a Christian home. But let it be a simple reminder to us that our kids are watching our actions and how we invest our resources and time. Don’t forget to leave a pie for the family lest your gesture is only for the ‘eyes of man’s approval’.

Ok, Costa Rica is on the radar and things are getting wildly crazy with the team as they are working on all the details and fun things that we get to do in preparation for the trip. I will have to say that we are doing something on this trip that we have “never” done before. Can’t wait to hear the feedback from the ladies after the retreat! I’m still praying about whether I’m actually going to give it a try. Hmmmmm You missionary women from Costa Rica reading this…you will see!

We still have 30 missionary women to sponsor so please prayerfully seek the LORD. I realize that there are many things going on in our world today all around us as Tornado Victims and Flood Victims try to get some sense of order back in their lives. I realize that we have hungry children to be fed in our communities, states, nations, and countries. We have people with needs throughout this world and that isn’t going to change. There are needs everywhere we turn our hearts. But, I have said this before and I will say it again over and over……Our God is Sufficient to meet all the needs. Please take time to seek Him about giving to this trip. Also, be obedient to WHEREVER He wants you to invest your prayer, time and resources. There is ENOUGH because HE is ENOUGH!

Love you guys….Please let us know how we can pray for you here at Pure Joy!

His,
Vickie

No comments: