Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Always the affirmation...

As we prepare for the trip to Costa Rica I never cease to be amazed at how God’s hand is at work to provide affirmation that He is in the details of this trip. He does that for every trip that Pure Joy goes on but I’m always amazed at how He does it! I love that He does it because it is such an encouragement to me personally, to the team, to the missionary women and to all that invest in Pure Joy with time, prayer, and resources. For me it just affirms that He knows, is in charge, has watch care over the journey, is in all the details and that He cares.

You might be wondering what brought that on and why I’m saying that this morning - a bright sunshiny, no rain, Tuesday morning of the week. Let me share with you a situation that happened. I got an e-mail at the end of last week forwarded to me from Patty letting me know that there had been a donation made. When I saw the name on the email I realized the person that made the donation was from my Sunday school (SS) classroom. I assumed the person had made a donation to Pure Joy for the missionary women in Costa Rica until Patty and I visited a little more and she told me the donation had been made toward a team members cost for this trip “specifically”. I then assumed it was for a woman in our SS class that is traveling overseas with Pure Joy for the first time. Then the BIG AFFIRMATION came……. The donation was toward one of the team members coming out of Austin, TX. What? How does this person in my SS class in Conway, AR know one of our team members out of Austin, TX when I just met that team member myself over 3 weeks ago when I met with a group of women there to see if they were interested in being a part of the Costa Rica trip? Also, I hadn’t even told my SS class any information about team members at this point! How did she know? Well….

I had to contact the team member out of Austin to ask her something that God had put on my heart about her role on our trip to Costa Rica and I asked her at the same time if she knew this person. She said yes, that is my aunt, my mom’s sister. I tell her you aren’t going to believe this but your aunt is in my SS class in Conway, AR. At this point, we are both cracking up – like NO WAY, absolutely NO WAY! The team member didn’t even know I knew her aunt and that we were in the same SS class. I didn’t know she had an aunt in AR. Isn’t that so God and so wild! I met this person one time and now find out her aunt is in my SS class. That is so God!! SO GOD! I’m so excited. What are the chances of that? ……..With God, 1 in 1! Amen!

That is just one of the many things that happen as these trips start to unfold. Remember I shared with you last week to just get ready and hang on because once the team is put together then God just starts showing up everywhere! I also, got an email from friend of Pure Joy asking if she could give a gift to the 50 missionary women and what it was. I told her absolutely! Of course I can’t tell you what it is because the missionary women coming to Costa Rica are reading this blog too, and it is a surprise!!

As always I want to encourage you be praying for the missionary women, pray for the team, pray for God to show up more and more. We have 20 missionary women sponsored so far – we still have 30 to go. We had 19 when the blog went out last week. Now we have 20 sponsored as of the writing of this blog. There’s nothing more exciting than watching God at work when we are headed to another opportunity to minister to our missionary women overseas! There is no greater Joy than watching Him bring in the resources for the trip, reading the stories that come from you, team members, and the missionary women themselves as they track the blog. It is all so God!!!! So, get in the prayer closet and seek the Lord and see if you should be part of giving for this trip! Don’t hold back those resources! Pour them into the kingdom work that God’s doing through this ministry!

I love you guys and thank you for being apart of the Vision for Pure Joy! Just think…..we are already having God fun and we haven’t even left the country yet!!!!!!

And if God is doing sweet and amazing things as you journey with us…send me your stories.
vickie@purejoyinternational.org

His,
Vickie

No comments: