Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keeping our eyes fixed...

We are two weeks out from leaving for East Africa. We now have 23 missionary women fully sponsored! Yeah, LORD, and yeah to all of you that are responding to the need! I love watching God work. That leaves us with 27 to go! The next 13 days should be so very awesome to observe! I will keep you posted as the sponsorships come in so you, too, can get excited with me! I don’t know how HE is going to do it, I just Trust Him to do it! If He is moving your heart to give, obey. Remember the song, ”Trust and Obey there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to Trust and Obey”. So, Be Happy!!!!

Well, I just got back in from Elko, Nevada Monday night where I have been since last Thursday night doing a Marriage and Family Conference. Now I hope you catch the humor in this since I have never been married and have no children, though God has blessed me with many spiritual children! I was sharing with someone last week that I remember the first Marriage conference I was asked to give for a church about 15-17 years ago. I told them I felt sorry for the people back then because I really had not been a believer very long at that point. However, God blessed it. I told them now that I’d been a believer for almost 21 years I felt even sorrier! Before I didn’t know enough, now I know too much! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha I tried to be easy on them, though! Don’t know if they would agree! If you know my heart you know that I am passionate about families! Specifically, children and the needs they have emotionally! Save a marriage…Save a family…..specifically the children!! Our theme was M.A.S.H. Making a Solid Home. I loved the bi-line they had under that…..Warring for Families with Counselor Vickie Arruda. I love that because they absolutely summarized my heart….Warring for Families. That really is the beat of my heart to fight for that which the enemy has stolen away from the family system. Love, Trust, Security, Self-Worth and Value, Morals, and Discipline. The enemy is wrecking the foundations of our homes BUT our God has given us everything we need to build them back! Ok, sorry, I could SO get carried away here!

So, back to our East Africa trip….Don’t forget to pray for the team, the missionaries, the messages, the worship, fellowship time, activity time, flights, and all the details that come together for His Glory!

Love you all,

His,
vickie

No comments: