Monday, February 21, 2011

Hang On!

Well, my dear friends, we are truly heading down the home stretch! We leave the country 1 week from today! I can’t believe it is here! I am so excited watching God work in people’s lives through this journey together.

So, here is the up-date. We have 33 missionaries sponsored. A Big YEA GOD!!!!! So we need to get 17 more sponsored! As I told you before it is awesome to watch the stories unfold of how God is working on behalf of the missionary women. If you have not been keeping up with the stories please take time to read the blog from the last 4 weeks. Truly, you can see God’s hand at work! If you would like to share your story on the blog write me at vickie@purejoyinternational.org and let the rest of us in on how God has directed you in giving for this trip.

Remember I told you I would keep you up to-date as the sponsorships come in. This should be one WILD and CRAZY week of watching HIS Hand!

Below are two more stories of God working in and through His people to accomplish His will regarding the missionary women in East Africa. The first story is from a Friend of Pure Joy named Jan…….The second story is from a friend in my Sunday school class named Kathleen.

#1

Well, Vickie, I don’t really have a story of how this came about, but I saw the need from the P.J. email and God led me to respond. We are so blessed to be able to give generously each month to several situations. Originally, I was going to give 10% of what I am giving, but God gave me the idea to switch some things around this month to give to P.J. It is not normal for me to make known my giving, but I wanted you to know now so you would be encouraged and so you would know how to plan.

God opened my eyes big time to what He is doing around the world when I took the Perspectives course in 2008. I have a friend who is full time on the mission field in Papua New Guinea as a Bible Translator, and I know the dryness that can come on the field. I know how meaningful the Pure Joy retreats have been to hundreds of women, and I am very blessed to be a small part of His ministry of encouragement through you and the Pure Joy team. I hope to go with you all one day!

#2

I usually have a "squirrel" fund. It is all the money I can shave off here and there. You know the $7 extra dollars from groceries or the $2.50 mail in rebate. Anyway I squirrel that money away, then use it later to send the kids to camp or for family vacation. This time God told me specifically to give it to missions. I've been praying where to give it for four weeks. Today He told me to give it to Pure Joy. As I took it out and added the extra from this week I counted it. It added up to exactly $503.00. Isn't God amazing!


As our week goes on I cannot wait to see how God will meet our needs according to His riches in Glory! I expect Him to meet them abundantly above and beyond anything we could hope or imagine! Why? Because He is God! That which He puts into motion He also equips for the journey.

Keep praying! Be obedient to the leading of the Spirit. Keep giving….and always be open to the truth that God may have you GOING with us someday! O, Yeah!

17 and counting it down!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!!!

His,
vickie
Just keeping the Donation button inside the blog posts for those that have asked for it! Don't worry, if you didn't ask for it you can still use it! :)


No comments: