Monday, December 14, 2009

Finding Nemo

I’m sure most of us, by this time, if we have any child in us whatsoever, have seen the movie Finding Nemo. As I continue to write out some thoughts on the Lord’s Prayer, a scene came to my mind as I thought of our words for today….”Your (His) Will Be Done”.

Remember the scene where Nemo’s dad is belched out of the mouth of the Pelican on the dock. A swarm of seagulls sees him laying there and starts flying toward him saying, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine! It is hard for us to pray from our hearts “Your (His) Will Be Done” because we want “our will” to be done, mine, mine, mine. I know so many believers that just flat out tell me that they are not ready to pray for God’s will in every area of their life, yet. Hmmmmm. What has to happen for us to make a decision to pray “His Will Be Done” when He is the Alpha – Omega. He sees all, knows all, has all power, and is everywhere all the time. He loves us and has our best interest at heart all the time!! No matter what is going on in the physical. So when you get to this part of the prayer, are you really praying for “His Will to be Done” or are you deep inside going…mine, mine, mine?

I had a great opportunity to speak to a group of precious women in a church in Jonesboro, AR called, In His Steps yesterday. Sweet time of message and fellowship!

Please remember our Missionaries overseas as they deal with being away from some of their family members during this Holiday Season.

His,
vickie

1 comment:

vickie said...

Blue Owl,

You bring up a very good comment to the Blog “Finding Nemo”. Personally, I believe God is Sovereign and His perfect will is going to be done whether we pray or not. But, I believe also that He allows room in that permissive will area where the truth of His word comes in that says, “You have not because you ask not”. Even with that, my desire is to always try and seek His will in prayer before I ask something. This I can tell you though….OUR FATHER loves us and has our BEST interest at Heart 24-7 and He is on our side!!! So, rest in the truth that He is working on our behalf as His children in spite of ourselves!!

His
vickie