Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our Father...

Last week I ask you to meditate on the Lord’s Prayer that He gave to the disciples in Matthew 6:9-15. I hope you spent some time on that. This week I want you to think about the first couple of words “Our Father”. I love that word “Our”. Notice Jesus didn’t instruct them to start out with “My” Father. Hmmmmm Think He wanted them and us to realize that we are not an Only Child! I know that comes as a shock to some so I will give you a second of pause here………………ok, breeeeeathe.

Our “Father”….John 1:12 assures us of our identity.

12But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

He chose to Father us! It was His will! Wow! Who’s your Daddy? God is!

Today, Father, I want to lift up my brothers and sisters all over this world. Father I do not know the names or faces of most of them but I do know that if you are their Father they are my brothers and sisters. So, I pray for all of my brothers and sisters near and far and everywhere in between. Lord, today give each of them what they need to experience the grace to trust you more! Father, today reveal yourself to each one of them no matter their circumstances and may they KNOW your love today. Father I pray at night when we look to the heavenlies and the sky is filled with limitless stars that we would remember each other around the world! We are your stars that you have given life to that we may light the world and Glorify your Name!

His,
vickie

No comments: