Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Old...

We are here in Gulf Shores with all the other thousands of people that are here in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Yesterday when we arrived we got unpacked and headed straight to the water with my niece and her precious friend; they are 15 year old girls - need I say more. As we began our descent into the sea of bodies I noted a group of boys (5 to be exact) grouped up to my left. Being a good Aunt I made sure we made it well past them before setting up our site. Off to the water the girls went wearing much of nothing in my humble opinion, but remember I’m getting old. It took that group of boys about 10 minutes to spot those two girls out in the water. My mom was oblivious to the event that was beginning to unfold until I said, “sharks in the water”. I suppose I could have used a different term. Anyway, I directed her to the 5 young boys headed out to the girls who I lovingly deemed “the minnows”.

The next hour was quite entertaining as we watched the sharks move in slowly and circle and the minnows pretend not to see them but loving every minute of it. This entertainment went on for some time and my mom and I had a couple of good laughs. Oh, don’t worry, REMEMBER I’m getting old so when all of a sudden the Sharks and Minnows exit the water and start heading towards us, I tell my mom, “this should be good”. It was very entertaining as well but in the end the Mama Whale (Aunt Vickie) swallowed everyone whole. That is what happens when you get old - you ruin everyone’s fun! Hmmmmmmm

Don’t forget to continue lifting up our Middle East trip!

His,
vickie

No comments: