Monday, February 23, 2009

Gone With The Wind...

I know most of you conjure up scenes from the movie when you see that title. I too have a scene that comes into my mind as well; it is of Carol Burnett doing an imitation of Scarlett walking down the staircase. In that scene Carol Burnett has clothed herself in a curtain along with the rod that held it. Very funny and totally creative! Creativity -- isn't it a wonderful thing?! I am constantly amazed at how God has programmed us all to be different, to see things differently, and to do things differently and yet He has given us His Word as a plumb line to keep us going in the same direction for His Glory!!!

His Glory, isn't it a wonderful thing?! The bottom line to it all!

Well, remember the team that is going to an undisclosed location?? We leave this coming Sunday, March 1. We have been blessed by all the friends of Pure Joy who have given to this trip. This past weekend, a couple of the team members did a garage sale and sold things at the mall in Jonesboro to raise funds for the trip. We are in a good place only lacking $3,500 for this trip. If God moves on your heart to
contribute to that last portion, please receive our thanks in advance. It has been amazing to watch how many of you have come to the table to help out! Thank you so much.

Pray for safety as we travel. Pray for the Word that will be spoken in song, message, hospitality, fellowship, activities, etc. Pray that God will use this time to encourage the women, to refresh them, to equip them for the journey and the battles!

I also, want to pray for so many of you who read this blog. I pray today that whatever the enemy has been at work on, trying to steal your joy and your testimony
that God will expose the lies fully and set you free! Never forget that you, my sisters, are Children of the King! While we don't always act like it……our behaviors don't change our identity, but they do reflect over time if we understand our identity. So let's just commit together today to start acting like who we really are! HIS!

Don't forget to pray for Poland it is on the schedule so very soon to. Our team has finally come together. We will have churches being represented from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and Tennessee. That should scare the devil…all these Southern Women. Ha,ha,ha)

His,
vickie

P.S. For those of you that are keeping up with the rivalry of my Uncle Charles and I on our Wii Bowling. As of yesterday I am officially ‘only’ 15 games down. Going into our Sunday afternoon time yesterday I was 16 games down. After two hours non-stop I made it to 15 games. As you can see there is a lot of winning and losing going on during that time. Wew! I am determined to get back to an even 0-0 game count with him before the summer. However, if it stops being fun and turns into work I’ll have to give it up!!! So, far I’m just having fun and it’s wearing me out!!!!

No comments: