Friday, October 5, 2007

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow

It is with great joy and excitement that I write this blog entry. Excitement because it has been an absolute JOY to read the blogs that the team has been posting this week about their individual journeys to be on this team. Imagine, that could be you some day! Talk with your Women’s Ministry leader and or Women’s Mission Union Leader about possibly being a sponsoring church for future retreats. Also, I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you that every time one of you sends us a check to sponsor a missionary my heart skips a beat!! Thank you for being a part of this journey for God’s kingdom!

Well, I have an absolute blessing I want to share with you today. I have asked Don to allow me to post this today because I want you to understand that when we take a woman on board as a member of a particular trip we realized we they are leaving husbands and children behind just as are the attending missionary women. That is why we pray for the husbands and children of the team members and attending missionaries. Yesterday I received the following note from one of our team members’ husband. It so touched my heart that I asked him to let me post it. He agreed, if I’d check the spelling! Ha,Ha,Ha Praise God that Techno Barbie is checking for all of us!!

Enjoy because I know I did……

Hi Vickie:

I'm Don Jenkins, Mena's husband. I have not met you, but I'm looking forward to that day.
I'm so thankful God has allowed you and Mena's paths to cross. I have never in our 42 years of marriage seen her so excited about the team trip to Quito. I firmly believe God has used you in inviting her in taking this trip, which will change her life forever. God has placed upon my heart to say THANKS.!!!!!!!!!! These are exciting times because we continue to see more clearly why God has brought us back to our home roots. These last three years have been the most exciting days of our Christian walk.

In addition, thanks for the prayers of the team members during the last two days during surgery. We needed it. She came through with flying colors. I can say all that with ease because she did all the suffering. She is doing find but continue to pray for full recovery. She still plans to make the NY trip however; we will see what the next few days allow.

Please know I have been praying for the team and will continue until your return. My prayer for this day is Ps.32:8, I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye". May God bless you and have a great day. DJ

No comments: