Monday, June 17, 2019

Unforced Rhythms of Grace...

A lot has been going on the last couple of weeks with family, extended family and friends in my world. Having said that, I am reminded of a verse that I run to when I am feeling overwhelmed and tired of the craziness of the things of this world. So thankful, that this is not our home and we are aliens passing through. It reminds me that no matter what is going on around me, He cares for me.

May I encourage all of us today? No matter the journey going on around us, whether it’s our journey or others’ journeys, that impact our journey, He cares for you. Look up, and Rest.

Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


I really like the way “The Message” Bible says it.

Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion (running to false gods – my words)? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Also, wanted to share with you another takeaway from our Quito, Ecuador trip by Linda Roach, our Pure Joy International Staff Consultant...

After 5 years of not traveling with the ministry and only being involved with the preparations for the trips from stateside, I was blessed to be part of the team on this 20th anniversary trip. It was a blessing to see the ministry from the “front lines” and experience it first-hand. I had forgotten how quickly the hearts of God’s children can bond and how special those sisters become in that short time you’re together.

My constant reminder is to always be looking for that person God would have me to connect with. To not wait till someone reaches out to me but take the first step and begin to build a relationship as God leads. We need each other!!!

Continue to pray as we work on preparations for Brazil starting with dates and hotels. Thank you in advance for getting on board with us in prayer!!

His,
Vickie

No comments: