Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Another year ….

Growing up I was never the person who was too concerned about what age I was turning. I did not do the “I’m turning 30 it is the end of the world.” I didn’t do the “I’m fifty and over the hill” thing. I did have one set back several years ago when my older brother had me confused about my birthday. I was never sure about how old I was that year. Ha,ha,ha

Anyway, I never give much thought to my age because my belief system regarding aging is this: Jesus died on the cross at age 33 and was resurrected. When I invited Jesus into my life in 1990, He became my life. Him in me, me in Him. Therefore, I will never be older than 33. My body is confused but my mind and heart are good. Ha,ha,ha

I did have to give a little thought to my age this morning when visiting on WhatsApp with a young couple. We were talking about communication. In discussing the importance of listening, I referenced the “E.F. Hutton” commercial from years ago. They both looked at me like, “Hmmmmm, nope never heard of it.” On the inside I’m thinking, “What? You have never heard of the E.F. Hutton commercial?” So, promptly after our time together, I went on line to see just how old the commercial is. It was made in 1986 with some updates along the way. This couple probably wasn’t even born yet, or maybe were learning to walk/talk. Ha,ha,ha,ha

Maybe more time is passing than I realize. Ha,ha,ha But, I’m taking the journey a day at a time. God’s word has made it clear that there is a season for all things. And He has made it clear all our days are ordained. Check in, done. Check out, still to be determined. (smile)

So, thank you for all the well wishes yesterday: text, emails, cards that showed up in the mail, gifts, homemade cake, etc. I love my family, God’s family, and those that will be part of His family in the days to come. Also, eventually my niece may have to explain to my great nephew the truth that all the flags that are out on Veterans Day are not actually people celebrating my birthday. For now, it is fun to watch him be excited about it! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

And, if my brother doesn’t confuse me about my age again, I should have a good year! Ha,ha,ha,ha

His,
Vickie

And for those that do remember:
 https://youtu.be/2_ygqPepLjM

No comments: