Monday, May 9, 2016

Only 12 positions left before going to waiting list and Shelter from the storms....

We have only 12 positions open before going to our waiting list status for Southeast Asia. Please continue to get the word out. Just received a word from some ladies in China that are hearing about the conference from others. Continue to pray that our Father will have exactly who He has purposed to be there for this time and season. We also have had two more missionary women sponsored in the past week, so we are up to 24 ladies sponsored with only 26 to go (believing we will have a full 50 there, smile). Thank you to all of you who continue to be faithful givers to His ministry on behalf of our missionary families/missionaries on the front lines. It is, as you can imagine, very much heating up around the world to be serving our God. And we must all keep the faith no matter what part of the continent we serve from. 
 
As I write the blog today it is pouring down rain outside. In fact, it is the kind of rain that whether you have an umbrella or not it makes no difference; you are going to get wet. Later on it is supposed to get even worse out with possible hail and tornadoes, unless of course it misses us completely. Know what you want on these kind of days? A place that is inviting, that keeps you from elements of the storm, that allows you to rest until you are ready to weather the storm again and/or it has passed.


You know, I am having one of those kind of days spiritually. It is raining in my heart, it is possible that it could get worse before getting better and I have already missed the chance that it will miss me completely. (smile) But, by “faith I have fled to God for refuge.” Not a friend, not a devotional, and honestly not even my Bible but the God of the Word. God Almighty, Sovereign God, All-knowing God, All powerful God, All present God full of Grace and Mercy, the One and Only True God. And do not misunderstand me here. I did not run to my Bible for a word, because I have grown to know, through reading my Bible daily, the Author of the Word. He has instructed me by His word to run to Him. I think we can get so intent on being in the Word, memorizing the Word, sharing the Word, striving to live life according to the instruction of the Word that we forget to really be personal with the Author of the book. Listen girls, that Author is real, alive, and cares for you and me. HE KNOWS and He is just waiting for us to run through the book to HIM. The Word empowered by the Holy Spirit is the stairway to HIM.

Come in out of the rain and storms and take refuge in Him. Rest. Stop fretting, running, scrambling, etc., and allow Him to comfort you. He alone can comfort the heart in its innermost parts.
Proverbs 14:26
In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, and his children will have refuge.
 
Love you all,
His,
Vickie

 

No comments: