Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Southeast Asia and a Good Laugh.....

Well, registration opened up last week for Southeast Asia and we already have 17 ladies signed up. Please continue to let your friends who live in Southeast Asia and the surrounding areas know about the conference. If they have questions they contact me at vickie@purejoyinternational.org. Please begin to pray alongside us for support for the M’s that will be attending this conference at no cost to themselves beyond travel. As always, we thank you in advance as we watch God move on behalf of His ministry.

My 3 yr. old great nephew spent last weekend with my mom, sister, and me. He commonly spends the weekends with us because his mom has to work. He has a lot of fun covering the distance between our mom’s house and my sister’s house on his little John Deere tractor as I tag along with him on the John Deere riding mower. It is quite the sight. Usually, before the day is over he has made his rounds through the neighborhood to visit all the neighbors, received his favorite Kit Kat candy from one of the neighbors, stopped at every stream and ditch possible to throw rocks and pretend to fish, sit on one of our neighbor’s John Deere collection of old tractors, etc., etc. Translated it makes for a long day for this older woman (ha,ha,ha,ha,ha) by the time bath and bed times roll around. Of course, I am ready for bed long before his body wants to shut down. Our usual routine is that I lay down with him, tell a few stories that recall our activity of the day, with flare of course! Ha,ha,ha,ha Then a couple of rounds of Jack and the Bean Stalk, David and Goliath, and Samson for good measure. Then theatrically he goes to sleep and I get up and go to my bed.

Well, one-night last weekend after we had finished our usual series of stories I rolled over on my stomach as I noticed he was playing with his little flashlight from one of our retreats. (Thanks, Deb and Carl). Anyway, I knew his pattern was to play a few minutes with the flashlight then turn it off and go to sleep. So, I just laid there half awake and half in a coma. (smile) All of a sudden, he crawled up on my back and leaned down as close to my ear as he could and said with the exact same inflection as Elsa from the movie Frozen, “You want to build a snowman?” Even as I write these words today, I am absolutely laughing out loud!
 
I pray those of you out there parenting the little ones all the way through the tweens (11-13) to teens (14-18) that you are able to capture some of these same unpredictable random moments of pure laughter with and at your kids. It may be the only thing that helps us to allow them to reach adulthood.

Would love to hear from some of you and your laughable moments with your children and extended family. We can all use a bit of laughter in our lives weekly.

Love You All,

His,
Vickie

No comments: