Sunday, February 7, 2016

Pushed out......

Have you ever been in a situation where you were 'pushed out' of your position? Maybe standing in line for tickets to an event, boarding a plane, in line to enter an event, etc. Our flesh certainly rises up in those circumstances, doesn't it? That flesh nature of ours wants to respond immediately with "Hey! Who do you think you are?" Translated, “What about me?" Sometime we are more politically correct with a smug "Excuse me" which still translates “What about me?” Our flesh nature loves for us to snuggle up close to it! Otherwise it means death to the flesh!!!

Well, recently in reading one of my favorite authors, A.W. Tozer, he made this statement as part of his prayer, "O God, My Father, Fill me with Thyself until all myself has been pushed out."

Wow! I love that word picture. I can see and know the battle between my flesh and spirit. I can see my flesh fighting for position! I know my heart desires to submit to His spirit in me. I cry out too, LORD fill me with Thyself until all myself has been pushed out!" How ‘bout you? Need a little push today?

Teams are beginning to form for three trips in the near future. The first trip will be to Southeast Asia in September 2016. The second trip is Guanajuato, Mexico, in November 2016. And finally, Athens, Greece, February 2017.

If you are interested in going on any of these trips contact me now at vickie@purejoyinternational.org. The teams are already forming.

Love you all!

His,
Vickie

No comments: