Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Opportunities....

Last Thursday evening I headed to Olive Branch, MS with the opportunity to share about Pure Joy International with Immanuel Baptist Church. Friday morning I had the privilege to sit in with a precious group of women leaders who meet for W3 ... Women, Worldview, and the Word Chronological Bible Discipleship. What a precious time it was as we discussed God's Word and some of the issues of today in our world. Friday night I had the opportunity to share with the women of Immanuel the story of how God cast the vision in my heart for Pure Joy and how as a church they could become involved in ministering to our missionary women overseas. We had a sweet time of fellowship and homemade sweets to go with it. 



Saturday morning I was able to meet with a couple of ladies who are leaders in other churches in the community to share about Pure Joy and how they too could become involved. Thank you to all of you in that part of Olive Branch, MS.


Some of my personal favorite time there also came from staying in the home of Stan and Iva May. They served as missionaries in Zimbabwe, Africa before God brought them back home to the States. Stan is the pastor of Immanuel Baptist in Olive Branch, MS. Previously he served 16 years as a mission’s instructor at Mid-American Theological Seminary. Iva has traveled with Pure Joy International to Poland and Northeast Asia as one of our speakers. She and Stan are the directors of the Chronological Bible Teaching Ministry, a non-profit established to develop Bible literacy tools and to train others to use those tools. (www.chronologicalbibleteaching.com) Iva spends much of her time training, teaching, and writing. OK, I shared all that to say to you I spent three days in a fountain of over flowing knowledge - while drinking coffee, I might add! It was wonderful!!  

The Tanzania retreat is moving along so nicely. In team meeting last night I was sharing with some of the ladies in Vilonia, AR that I just can't wait to see what God is up to with this trip and those ladies. It is awesome to watch it all just coming together. We have 24 missionaries sponsored as of this blog. Just 26 more to go, so keep praying and giving!! Challenge your church or Sunday School class to sponsor a missionary to be able to attend. Remember it costs $500 for each missionary to attend for 4 days and 3 nights, free of charge to them. This includes all their lodging, meals, materials, etc. Also, I want to ask you to join Pure Joy International in praying about where God would have us to minister in 2015. We have tried to plan on places 3 years out but to be honest with you that seems more man-made than God led. So, we will trust Him to direct us. We do have direction for the fall on one retreat but cannot post until I have more details. The staff is praying through several locations. If you are a missionary and know where you believe a need is for your fellow missionaries, please contact me at vickie@purejoyinternational.org.

As I close out today I want to ask you to ponder something. When is the last time you opened God's Word apart from Sunday morning and spent time reading with a purpose?

I love you all,

His,
Vickie


No comments: