Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rest...

This past week following my spiritual dad’s funeral I spent the rest of the week in Houston, Texas with my brother and sister-in-law.  It was a sweet time. (Note:  all my Houston friends forgive me, but I really didn't leave the house for 4 days except to go eat.  I really was resting.)   I am now sure everything in "Texas is Bigger" especially the mosquitoes!  My great nephew looks like they tried to take ownership of one of his legs. Ha,ha,ha!

Being away from everything for a while was a good reminder to me of why we do what we do here at Pure Joy International for our missionary women.   Just having a few days away to try and relax is good.  I think it took my body about 3 days to realize it could stop working and rest.  I'm not sure my brain got the message before coming home.  However, the physical rest of just not having to be anywhere at a certain time, no schedule, etc. was nice.   I love that God has given us at Pure Joy a heart to minister to the body, soul, and spirit of the missionary women around the world and touch the lives of women in the local churches as well.  I am always thankful for all of you that desire to wash the feet of others all around the world!

We have only 9 openings for missionaries left for our North East Asia trip.  Please pray that God will continue to bring in the very ones "He Sees" could benefit from what we are bringing to them.  Also, get those resources flowing in, friends.  You can use PayPal to make a donation and/or mail in a check to Pure Joy International.  All donations are tax deductible.   Go to our web site at www.purejoyinternational.org and click on Support for guidance on how to give.

I don't want to say the team is getting overly excited about the trip but they are cracking me up a little.  As women what do you think is one of the first questions women want to know when they are going somewhere?   Yes, you got it.  What are we supposed to wear?  I told them in a team letter this past week that I would send them their check list this week for the trip which includes what to wear so they still have 5 weeks to worry about it! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!   Some things never change!

Love you all and I pray for you as you pray for us!


His,
Vickie

No comments: