Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Excited to see His Hand and The last time I want to see this...

I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is to see the ladies registering for the North East Asia retreat. We opened up registration officially last Wednesday and we have 28 women registered as of now. Please keep praying for the women in that part of the world to find out about this opportunity. Also by Monday of next week we will have our North East Asia Team established, so pray for those that are still in the prayer closet of decision. Just so you know, we already have 24 of the women sponsored and we are totally loving God for His Faithfulness to provide for that which He has put into motion. Please pray about being a part of helping to sponsor the last 26 women that will sign up. God will honor your giving!      

In November of 2005 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Following a lumpectomy I was put on a chemo regimen to be followed by 30 rounds of radiation. One of my dear friends had gone through breast cancer the year before and chemo as well. One of the things she told me was on the day of chemo treatments to do my best to eat a good big breakfast before heading to the hospital. So, the first day of chemo my mom and I headed off to the Pancake House for a nice big breakfast of pancakes, eggs with cheese and bacon - (hmmmmm maybe all that weight gain wasn't the steroids they were giving me, ha,ha,ha,ha) Anyway, I'll never forget the prayer I prayed over that meal that morning and every Chemo treatment day after that as my mom and I sat down to that breakfast... "Dear God, I don't want to see this meal again today."  ha,ha,ha,ha   That first morning I prayed that it was with the most sincere heart you could have because it was hard for me to believe I was going to keep that down after chemo. Of course for you that have been through chemo you know the treatment day isn't what is so hard - it is the next days after it.

Well, this week, I think our entire family has secretly been praying that prayer every time we feed my little great nephew his bottle. He has come in contact with his first virus from starting Day Care. It hasn't been pretty.  Lots of washed sheets, clothes (his and ours) and towels. I am still trying to figure out how the return rate on that milk seems to be greater than the input, if you know what I'm saying. But above everything else, I am amazed at how tender my heart is towards this little guy’s sickness. When the milk or liquid makes its return covering him, me, and everything around us for a 10 mile radius (feels that way, ha,ha,ha,) all I can think is “poor little guy.” I just hate it for him.

Several times I sensed the Spirit saying to me, “Your Heavenly Father feels the same way and more towards us when we are sick.  When we are stuck in a sin virus of bitterness, anger, pain, unforgiveness, etc., and it is making us sick, His heart is so tender towards us and He wants us to get well.  He holds us, comforts us, ministers to us, brings others to minister to us, and never gives up on us getting well.  If you are going through any kind of sickness right now, whether physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, please be reminded He REALLY cares!  How do I know this? Because He gave us our emotions, we are made in His image!   

Love you all,

His,
Vickie

No comments: