Thursday, May 30, 2013

I require it of thee...

The last couple of days I have been able, in the middle of a difficult time, to be still with the LORD for the first time in a while. Last week, at a friend’s house, God showed me that I needed solitude with Him. Like you, I know we need that but I also know we all get caught up in the distractions and storms of the moment. However, God not only showed me I needed it, He also made a way for me to have that time of solitude with Him.

His voice through His Spirit to my heart was clear. There are things I require of thee that I do not require of all my children. And I know that means there are things He requires of others that He does not require of me. Don't be confused here.... there are things He requires of all His children universally. But, individually, just like a real parent, He has to deal with each child differently. And like our children we often respond to God by saying, “Why do I have to do that ...so and so doesn't!”   

In the middle of this time with Him and this awareness I am thankful that His Love is so personal and that what He requires of me is what makes our relationship uniquely ours!

Is He requiring something of you that seems unfair, that you feel no one else has to do, that is hard and seems so impossible? Trust Him ... His Love and concern for your personal relationship with Him and spiritual growth are at the middle of this requirement!

Don't forget our North East Asia trip is 4 months out.  We so need your prayers and financial support as never before!!  Pray and ask God to direct your giving!!

Love you so much!!
His,

Vickie

No comments: