Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Outdone by a 3 year old...

Tie your shoes! We are in the 50-yard dash in preparation to leave for Belize on Sunday. We are packing tonight in Conway, Arkansas and in Tulsa, Oklahoma later this week. As those of you who have traveled on a mission trip know, everyone is scrambling to make sure we have everything we need to pack the trunks and our suitcases. I personally have my family scattered all over taking care of last minute details. I sent my mom east today to finish up some of those details, and I headed west to meet a pastor's wife from Stillwell Bible Baptist Church in Clarksville, Arkansas. Of course, when we had to pick a meeting place I said, "Do you drink coffee?” "Yes,” she replied. I suggested Starbucks and she quickly said, “Yes.” I could tell that she was a woman totally after my own heart. Now let me add . . . if you know me, I'm a Starbucks nut! I jokingly tell people I own at least half of the company. Anyway, when Debbie showed up at Starbucks, she had her precious daughter and two grandchildren. We all took time to catch up a little on life and business (by the way, Happy 39th Anniversary, Debbie and Jim). As we were preparing to leave, I had gone to throw something away and returned to our corner just in time to see little three-year old Nora pointing and saying something to her Grammy. I inquired, “What did she say?” Debbie laughed as she repeated what Nora had just said. "Look Grammy! Our sign!” as she was pointing to the Starbucks sign outside the business that you can spot from a mile away if you are a Starbucks drinker. Hmmmmmmm . . .  it may be ‘their’ sign, but I still think I own half the company! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Remember that starting Sunday, I will be blogging daily while we are gone to keep you on the journey with us as we travel to Belize. Continue to pray for the team as we leave the country and for the missionary women as we join them in Belize. Pray for all that God wants to accomplish in them and us for His Glory and His kingdom!

Thank you so much, again, to all of you who have prayed, given and made gifts, and sponsored the missionary women to be able to get away with Him for 4 days and 3 nights with no charge to them! What a blessing all of you are to them!

Love you all so much,

His,
Vickie

No comments: