Thursday, February 28, 2013

Words...


Last week we finished the Biblical portion of the Perspectives class that I have been sharing with you. This week we begin the Historical part of our studies. This course continues to absolutely move my heart for God, and it challenges me to see from His perspective so many things I had never thought about in such ways. However, I had to be amused during the last class as our instructor talked about how communication continues to be one of the biggest barriers of reaching the unreached people groups. He shared with us some amusing situations that he himself was involved in while living in Kenya and working with an unreached people group there. Just the finest little mispronunciation of a word or a word used in a wrong context can cause quite the problem. As I listened to him, I had flashes of the hundreds of couples and families I have seen over the years in my Biblical counseling ministry. I have now decided that I officially have been working with “unreached” people groups in my office weekly for years! Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Our Belize team continues to come together. We will have the team officially booked by March 15th. Please pray for the missionary women in the Central America area to get the word out about the retreat, and that they’d have the ability to get to and from the location. Continue to pray for sponsorship of the women, gifts, prayer warriors, messages, worship, etc. Again, our theme is "Let Your Light Shine” from Matthew 5:16.

I just found out this past week that our team member from Dominican Republic (DR) is praying weekly with other missionary women there in DR that attended our retreat in DR last year! Missionaries, above all of us, know how to pray for other missionary women! I am so thankful to God for their hearts to continue to pay it forward.

My great nephew is in the process of learning to crawl. Being the teacher that I am, I was on the floor this morning crawling on all fours trying to model for him what the process looks like. I feel confident that I can speak for him regarding this teaching moment as he looked at me with those big brown eyes, which communicated so clearly . . . "Really!" Even at this age, you just gotta love 'em!!

His,
Vickie

No comments: