Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Stopping the Chaos in the Family" and Prague Update...


Ladies, today we are going to look at the first seven words of Genesis 3:14. But first, let me remind you of the preceding verses.

Genesis 3:8-13

8And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” 10And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” 11He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?” 12The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” 13Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

I want you to get this. God gave Adam and Eve an opportunity in the garden to repent when He said, “Where are you?” And again, when He said, “Who told you that you were naked?” God knew they were hiding, and He knew they had sinned, but He was giving them the opportunity to come clean. But, instead, Adam blamed God and the woman, and the woman blamed the serpent.

Genesis 3:14, first seven words . . .

The Lord God said to the serpent . . .

Major principle to consider today:

Notice the order in which God addressed the consequences of sin.

He addressed the serpent first. (“The LORD God said to the serpent . . .”) God demonstrated something He teaches us through His Word in Ephesians 6:12, “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the cosmic powers (rulers) over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”

Let me translate something to you regarding husband and wife relationships. Your husband is not the enemy!!!!!!!! Husbands, your wife is not the enemy!!!!!! We have an enemy, and they’re not it!!!! But, as long as we are attacking the wrong source, we will continue to be defeated!!! The enemy is laughing his head off at some of you reading this, because you are destroying your marriage by not realizing this truth. Say to yourself until you believe this truth, “My husband is not the enemy!” “My wife is not the enemy!” “My children are not the enemy!” “My boss is not the enemy!” “My in-laws and out-laws are not the enemy!” When you grasp this truth, it will change your attitude toward others.

So, your challenge this week: When you are sitting across from him at dinner or breakfast or you just roll over in bed and see his face, REMEMBER . . . he is not the enemy!! I know some of you are thinking, “Yeah, maybe not . . . but I’m sure he is employed by him! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Oh, well. (Smile)


Prague News . . .

We have had some real sweet prayer times this past week for our missionary women, who will be attending the retreat in Prague. I hope many of you too are lifting them up in prayer. We have another missionary sponsored this week, so that is 29 sponsored so far. I love watching God bring in the resources for that which He has called us to do!

Ok, so as I’ve been looking at more stuff about Prague to share with you, I ran across a question asked by someone who was taking their 10-year-old child to Prague and wanted to know some good sightseeing things for children. Well, one of the things they mentioned was a Chocolate Museum. I’m thinking, “Forget the 10-year-old child. You are talking to a bunch of women here!” Women and Chocolate are like Ham and Eggs, Shoes and Socks, Salt and Pepper, etc. You get it!!!!! So, I thought you might want to do a little online peek: http://choco-story-praha.cz/en/museum/.

Enjoy!!

Love you all!

His,
Vickie

No comments: