Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He Never Ceases...

Several weeks ago I shared with you that God was up to some interesting things in my life, but I couldn’t share with you back then due to helping transition my folks involved in the counseling ministry. At this point I think I’m good to go.

While in Uganda back in the Spring of this year, God put it on my heart to close down my Morrilton counseling ministry and be on the road with Pure Joy International. Getting the word out about the opportunity for churches to partner with us, go with us, and pray with us and anything else God might be up to that we are clueless about! Which could be endless! Ha,ha,ha,ha

Anyway, I came home from that time totally freaked out about shutting down my counseling office. So, I chose not to tell anyone but Jennifer Halbrook, our financial advisor for the Board of Pure Joy. I then chose to not talk about it again and pretend like God never moved on my heart to do that. Well, as so many of you know, you can’t pretend with God! Following our return from our Retreat in Costa Rica this past summer, God really went to work on my heart. Actually, I should say He was silent, and it made me crazy! It would be like your husband and you (those of you that are married) not talking, yet you live together day in and day out. (Hmmmmmm, some of you might be doing that as I write this.) Anyway, I was miserable with no peace and no joy. One day as I was driving to Ft. Smith, AR where I provide counseling one day a week, God allowed me to come to my senses and confess my sin and repent, which meant turning back towards the time He and I had together in Uganda and what He put on my heart. That very week, I talked to my mom and a couple of Board Members just to be able to say out loud, “I am closing down the Morrilton Counseling Office”. All that to say, “I am water walking now…I’m out of the boat! I am excited and yes my flesh is still wacky sometimes, but God always reminds me through so many things that He is my provider and He has a plan for Pure Joy International and me. It is so beyond what I can even imagine, the thing He has laid on my heart of how He wants to minister to missionary women overseas. Sunday I was watching Charles Stanley before leaving for church and he made this statement, “Be obedient...leave the consequences up to God.” We all know that and have heard that in different forms and fashions along the way of our journey, but that was one of those “God was speaking to me moments”. I felt like a Nike commercial recipient, “Just Do It!” ha,ha,ha,ha

If you have figured out anything about Pure Joy International over the times of reading this blog, you will know it is all about ministering to the missionary women overseas and providing them a place to come be fed spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally at “NO” cost to them. It is also an incredible place for them to minister to one another in ways we could never even begin to understand! Over this past year we have been encouraging the ladies at each retreat on the last day to follow our web site so they will know where our next retreat is going to be so they can “pay it forward” by telling another missionary in another part of the world about being able to attend a retreat 4 days and 3 nights free of charge to them.

There is nothing more exciting than seeing them encouraging one another. Thus our ministry verse….(Hebrews 3: 13), “Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called, ‘today,’ so that none of you may hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”

Today, we received the following letter in the mail addressed to Patty our Financial/Technical person and the Uganda Team along with a check for $1000 dollars from a missionary that attended the Uganda Retreat. She has given me permission to use her letter to the ministry.

Dear Patty and team…

God was apparently trying to remind me of his ability to provide for me when He gave a windfall from (of all places) the U.S. Government! Remembering how y’all blessed us in Uganda earlier this year I would like to pass along a blessing.

Please feel free to use it on salaries, office rent, paper clips, the upcoming retreat in Peru or wherever a little oil will make the ministry run better.

With Love,
Vicki

Did you catch that comment from her, “or wherever a little oil will make the ministry run better!” Isn’t it true that a little oil makes a big difference!!! We will use our dear sister’s money to go towards sponsoring two more missionaries for the Peru trip. Also know this: God used her in a mighty way today to oil my heart as I continue on this faith walk of obedience regarding Pure Joy International.

Is the oil of the Holy Spirit of God working through you to encourage others? If not, maybe it’s time for an oil change!

Love you so much,
His,
Vickie

No comments: