Monday, July 25, 2011

God Never Ceases to Amaze Me...

This morning, as I arrived at the office and began getting things in order for the day, I checked emails before my first client came in.  There was an email from a friend, and one from one of our board advisors, asking if we had room for another person on our team going to Peru.  If not, she asked if we had a waiting list for the team.   Well, just so happens that for the first time we do.  So we now have two people on our waiting list to go to Peru as a team member if someone should have to drop out for some reason.  I know that God always knows.  Just like the waiting list with the missionary women He always knows who will end up moving into the retreat.  In Costa Rica we had at least 6 women move up from the waiting list to the actual retreat before we actually left the country.  God knows when something is going to cause a woman to have to drop out due to ministry needs, family needs, etc.  He is so good to have just who we need on the team for the group of missionary women attending and just the women that need to be attending!  He KNOWS!

Remember our theme for Peru is “Take the Mask Off” and our verse is 1 Samuel 3:10b “Speak LORD for your servant hears”.  Can’t wait to see what God is up to with our precious women in Peru to minister to their hearts! 

Ok, so I had a visit with a cardiologist when I returned from Costa Rica.  He says my heart is strong (in the LORD I’m thinking, tee-hee) and he isn’t sure of the source of swelling in my feet.  However, he would like for me to lose some weight (so would I!) and eat healthier (been doing that for 6 months and just recently lost 10 lbs before seeing him!)  Also, start exercise and see him again in a month.  You know the weight dilemma don’t you, every woman’s nightmare…….  Don’t you just want to say, “ hey buddy”, you go through breast cancer, chemo with its steroids, radiation, 5 years of tamoxifen, a complete hysterectomy, menopause, hot flashes and GET BACK WITH ME ON THAT! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

Hope you have a Blessed week!

His,
Vickie

No comments: