Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Give me some of that!

As a young believer, I can remember the privilege and opportunity I had to travel and speak with Great Hills Retreat ministry. One of the many memorable moments came at an encampment called “Falls Creek” in Oklahoma. Beth Moore was the platform speaker. I remember listening to her that day and thinking that I Wanted Some of What She HAD! Please hear my heart right now. I did not want to be like Beth Moore, God already made her for that. I wanted some of what I saw oozing out of her that day from the platform. I had seen this before oozing from my Spiritual Mom. Quite simply, I wanted Jesus to radiate from my life the way He poured forth from theirs. I wanted to experience that kind of intimacy.

John 15:5-8 (The Message Bible) says:

I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.

Are you maturing in your walk with the LORD? Are you abiding in such a way that He is oozing from you in all areas of your life? May the world be able to look at us as believers and say, “Give me some of that”!

Hope everyone is enjoying our new Web design. Thank you to those of you who we have heard from. Please let us hear from more of you and don’t forget to sign up on the blog site to have the blog delivered automatically to your email weekly.

As always, remember Pure Joy International in your prayers as we desire His will in all things.

His,
vickie

No comments: