Monday, September 28, 2009

Dead things...

This past Friday afternoon I walked out behind our house to spot something in the distance that I couldn’t quite make out. As I got closer to the object, I realized it was a big ol catfish head and part of the body that had been discarded by someone fishing the lake. (We live on a peninsula of the lake.) I took a stick to it to roll it over and whewwww we are talking some major stink!!

I went in the house and got my mom and told her she had to see this. (In retrospect, I don’t have a clue why she needed to see it!) Anyway, she came out and looked at it and we both had no problem agreeing that it stunk! Then we began the process of trying to figure out how it got in that close to the house, buzzards, a raccoon, cat, etc. (In retrospect, I don’t have a clue why either one of us needed to know that either!)

That ole dead fish reminds me of how the enemy likes to drag up the past. But it also reminds me that when something is dead the only thing that can come from stirring it up is a big stink! Next time the enemy tries to drag up your past, don’t roll it over...just keep walking! Jesus paid it all!

Keep all the missionary women all over the world in your prayers and also pray for Pure Joy as God directs us on our trips for 2010-2011.

His,
vickie

No comments: