Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dread!

That is the best word to define what was going on in my mind as I headed across I-40 going towards Oklahoma Sunday afternoon. Why ‘dread’? Because I was headed to visit someone we all have such an excitement to visit, the dentist! Now you may be wondering, as have several of my friends, why I drove to an entirely different state to see the dentist when there are many good dentists within miles of me. Well, that isn’t a hard thing to answer for me. Dentist, Hairdresser, Gynecologist all are very significant relationships in the life of a woman! We will drive miles and hours to continue those relationships with someone we trust. And truthfully, how many of us haven’t felt like we were committing an act of betrayal if we allowed ourselves to be convinced by a friend to try a new hairdresser. And a dentist well, if you ever find one you have confidence in….that relationship outlasts most marriages today. Anyway, my dentist and his wife are absolutely incredible! They both love and serve the LORD. They have hearts of gold and love people. Last night when I arrived in Muskogee, Oklahoma I actually stayed with my dentist and his wife awaiting that dreaded appointment this morning. But, they took such good care of me in preparation. Rebecca served up a wonderful dinner and David made a batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch that were to die for. Dentist – Sweets, Sweets – Dentist, hmmmmm. Anyway, I had a great evening with some of Gods saints.

This morning that bliss ended with the first shot! Don’t you hate the shots! Anyway, being the most excellent dentist that he is, David (Dr. Reifsteck) took care of getting me fixed up and back on the road to Arkansas before noon. As I write this blog tonight I am sitting on the couch with one black and blue fat upper lip! Several stitches in the gums and a tad bit of discomfort. But, the good part is because of the dental surgery today by Wednesday I should be well on my way to healing with that tooth. Kind of like how God has to go in and do a little surgery on our hearts at times. Our heart may be a little bruised for a time but at least it is on its way to healing instead of becoming worse.

On Tuesday our Ministry Staff meets all day to pray, listen, and walk out God’s plans for the ministry. Please remember to pray for us. There are many ministries throughout this world that God uses to minister to our missionaries on the field. We just want to be obedient to the part He has called us to.

Don’t forget to be praying for Poland and the missionaries that will be attending that retreat in April/May 2009. Also, continue to pray for the unspoken area that I mentioned last week in my blog.

And as a last little bit of closing humor………for a month I have been putting off having my drivers’ license renewed just out of shear procrastination. Guess what tomorrow is, my birthday, 11-11. Guess what HAS TO BE DONE TOMORROW! Remember who has a fat lip! Can we say….Cheese!

No comments: