Monday, July 21, 2008

God's Ever So Wonderful Ways...

Wednesday morning of this past week I did something really out of the norm for me. I canceled and rescheduled all my counseling appointments and took the day off to spend with David and Denise Brown the Pastor and his wife from Elko, Nevada. They had come to Arkansas to visit family and friends. We headed out early Wednesday morning and headed to Heber Springs, AR a beautiful area of our state. Denise’s mom and dad live in Heber Springs where their home backs up to beautiful Greer’s Ferry Lake. It is for sure a site to behold and peaceable. I spent the late morning and early afternoon watching children and teens jump from the cliffs into the cool water, the kids riding the inner tube behind the Wave Runner, and two adult women (I wasn’t one of them) standing on the cliffs for 20-30 mins. trying to work up the gumption to make the jump. Now that was entertaining! My little lawn chair under the shade tree provided an excellent real life view of fun at the lake house! I also had the wonderful opportunity to visit with Denise’s mom and dad, Doris and J.C. George. However, the thing I loved the most about the day was God’s wonderful reminder of His touch on this ministry.

As I sat at their food bar enjoying things I should not have been eating I noticed a missionary prayer card lying on the bar. I picked it up and saw the name and that the young girl was a missionary in Venezuela. I said, “You guys, this girl is one of our missionaries that has signed up for the Venezuela trip. How do you know her?” They shared with me that this was their Worship Minister’s daughter at FBC there at Heber Springs. Now I ask you what are those chances. With God as I read once, 1 in 1! How sweet to already have a face to go with the name we have been praying for now well over two months. Truly, His ways NEVER cease to amaze me!

Please remember our ladies in Venezuela and our Team members as the action really starts to take off from this point on! Lot’s of details to take care of between now and Oct.

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was catching up on my Pure Joy news this morning (the kiddos are gone for the weekend!) I started reading and thinking about your struggles with the blogging. I think maybe God wants you to have a little freedom in this as well as practicing the discipline of it. Maybe set aside an hour each week (I know, where are you going to fit THAT in!) and just tell some of the stories of that week. If the words don't flow easily, maybe God doesn't need to share anything through your blog that week. Just something to think about! :-)